“Seems to need an update or something”
Review of The Island Grill

The Island Grill
Ranked #148 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

They did not tell us that the steak fajitas were an up charge nor was it on the menu . The service was prompt and friendly just not a place to go to alot

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Island Grill has terrific food and a great atmosphere. I think the servers and staff do a bang-up job...friendly, smiling, just what you want in a staff. I've never had the brunch but I've heard it is to die for. Kitchen turns out some great food.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stranded in the middle of a shopping center, Island Grill is another tropical- beach -themed- bar in a town that is swimming in them. We found ourselves drifting by on a Sunday afternoon for the recommended brunch buffet.

Atmosphere: The décor inside is what you would expect from a place called "Island Grill"- times ten. Every wall has some kind of mural with trees, animals, surfboards and other tropical beach-like elements.

Service: The hostess at the front door greeted us with a smile and the service was good and friendly at the bar where we sat.

Drinks: Island Grill has a fully stocked bar and enough local and domestic taps to keep your whistle wet. Friends and other reviews mention the bloody mary's being cheap and good, so we thought we should try them out. Let's just say at $2 ,cheap was right but good is questionable.

Food: The menu is what you would expect from another tropical- beach- theme -bar , with burgers, tacos, sandwiches and appetizers in the $7 to $10 range. We opted for the brunch on this visit, which is their version of a buffet. The food was just OK, and not worth $10, unless you go back for thirds.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Just typical bar food. Yhis place is mostly around for the night club aspect. Want a decent burger?.... go find another place.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Understand please, this is my hometown. I've been here several times. I wish I could recommend The Island Grill, but it's hard.
The foods is ok, however the wait staff is just not up to PAR. Over the years i've had order trouble several times. Tonight it was an early dinner with happy hour pricing on hors d'oeuvres, tonight our waitress claimed hors d'oeuvres were priced at 1/2 price. In reality they were buy one get one free. We ordered one order, we were billed for one order at full price. When we brought this up to our waitress she said " I wondered why you would do that" Gee I wonder too!

This place has a great outdoor patio, but with a staff so bad, why bother? Our experience was not a one time experience, I really think they just don't care, could be their more bar than grill.

This was my experience, yours may be better, I sure hope so.