“What a Rush!”

A1 Wildwater Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether you’re a first time adventurer, family, or seasoned veteran, we can offer you some of the best Wildwater and scenery in Colorado.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We did the Wild-n-Scenic raft trip on our family vacation in Colorado. Our guide, Ryan, was awesome. He had a good mix of humor along with command to ensure we were safe and paddled hard through the class 3 and 4 areas. This was definitely a thrilling whitewater adventure. We were not looking for a "lazy float", and we got what we asked for! Our 13 year old son had a blast.

One piece of advice for families - be aware of the water levels in June if you have teenagers and want to do the class 3 and 4's. Call ahead and make sure they can go based on their age and the water levels. You want to be sure your kids can paddle HARD on these trips. Not for the faint of heart or anyone scared of water!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I just did the 'Wild and Scenic' trip. It was about 2 hours on the water. This was our first trip. We had three other ladies and two guides (Josh and Tommy).

The water was high and the rapids were fun. They provide free wet suites and splash coats (and safety equipment).

Josh and Tommy did a great job talking about the river, the local history of things like fires and land slides, etc. They were well prepared with equipment, first aid kits, knowledge, and training. When other rafts flipped and went into the water, Josh and Tommy immediately responded to rescue other customers in the water. We did not flip or have any problems.

This was a great trip and we highly recommend it for any teenagers and above. I say teenagers and above because to avoid flipping and going in the water you need grown adults that can paddle and listen to the instructions of the guide.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My first time Rafting and it was Excellent,,,, Big thanks to Josh our guide,,, He made it soooo much fun.. We all had a blast and will for sure be back again... Thank you for the memories...

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I did their Wild and Scenic trip and was overall pleased with the experience. Not all the guides were exceptional but that is true of probably most raft companies.

I selected this company though because they were the only company nice enough to let me exit their trip at the take out rather than having to go back with the bus into town [we were camping along the Poudre River].

They were very organized though in regard to their sign in, equipment check out and safety talk.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Half of our group had not been rafting, half had, yet we all had a great experience and highly recommend this trip and would go again. We enjoyed the Wild and Scenic Trip experience, but would have happily handled more rapids and action easily.

It was summer but I would advise people to rent a wetsuit to go over your bathing suit and also get the shoes. The wetsuit rental is free. I did not get the shoes, but I wish that I had as my feet literally felt like they were freezing and numb due to the cold water that is in some parts of the raft (mostly the sides). If you are on a certain part of the raft to anchor yourself you have to put your feet under the sides where water seems to accumulate and stay longer. Some people in different areas of the raft put their feet in the middle where the water is less likely to splash/sit in the cold water as often.

Do bring a change of clothes to change out of your wet clothes after you get back from the bus ride after the event. They have bathrooms and changing rooms on site. It would also be good to bring a towel for the bus ride to use after you get off the river.

I suggest arriving early and also making sure you are there for the speech they give after you get your helmets and lifejackets fitted. After that there is a bus ride to the Poudre River with everyone that will be going rafting. When you get back there will be pictures you can buy of your rafting experience. There are also limited cold drinks and a few snack food items (like Boulder brand chips) available for purchase in their store with T-shirts and sunglass straps. To get a full meal afterwards (which you will probably want, rafting builds up an appetite) be prepared to know of a good place locally or bring a cooler of food to leave in your vehicle.

There were about 7 different guides on our trip. Our guide was Brandon and we felt he was the best choice as he was a great guide, making the trip fun while also safe. He taught us about the river and also informed us of local sites to visit while in the area. Be aware the guides take tips after your river experience so plan accordingly. We did not know that beforehand so we were not sure how much to leave him but $30 is probably a decent tip.

2  Thank artichokey