“Nice atmosphere, OK food”

JeJu Sushi and Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 625 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We went in on a Saturday evening for udon noodle bowls. The spicy beef broth was just that, and there were more noodles than most people could eat - so many that I had to fish around for the beef. Our tempura appetizer was good. One odd thing - they brought us miso soup and a small lettuce salad even though we ordered soup for dinner. The miso was good. We were visiting Ft. Collins and I'm not sure I'd go back here when we return because there are probably better choices around, but there was quite a waiting line when we left.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We love finding a good sushi place and this one was just so-so. My husband and I ordered three rolls each, and two of his were great and one was just okay. I like two of mine but the other one was disappointing. The drinks were good and the atmosphere was very nice. The service left a little to be desired. As others have noted, it was a little slow, and the biggest mistake was that our server rang in the wrong sushi roll for me--and it was $2 more expensive. When it came, I had forgotten what I had ordered and did not realize it was wrong until halfway through the roll. I didn't want to ask for new one then because we didn't have the time, but I really did not like the one she had rung in. It was also quite expensive. We may go back and give it one more shot, but we haven't decided. Nimo's is much better.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

They sushi is very good, but you need to be prepared to fork over some money (which is typical for sushi houses in the front range).

Reviewed October 1, 2011

my total food and drink bill was $76.45, they then added a "service charge" of $17.58!
That is 23% for slow service. I do not recommend going there.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The sushi here overall tasted very good. The rolls were heavier on the rice than most sushi rolls but they had a great selection. We enjoyed the atmosphere. The soy sauce tasted very salty, more so than usual soy sauce which surprised a few of us upon tasting.

On the menu the basic miso soup price was cheap as was the side salad. Every meal comes with soup and a small bowl of lettuce. Some salads looked different than other salads. Be aware some appetizers do not come out until the actual meal. The server said sometimes that happens.

Allow yourself plenty of time to get your drinks, soup or salad, appetizers, or especially your meal. The service was very, very slow. Three separate times the server said she was waiting on dishes to be cleaned for various items to excuse the lateness of the courses.