“Weekend Trip”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. It is the first time we have ever stayed at a Cambria property. Check in was very prompt and most friendly. Wish I would have got gentleman's name he was very nice.

Our room was very roomy, separate seating area with a flat screen, another TV in bedroom area, comfortable desk area for work if needed. There is a coffee maker and small refrig though not stocked but was nice to have for a leftover meal. Room was very clean.

There is a small indoor pool and hot tub although we did not use. A very nice lobby/recetion area with ample seating. Would be a great place to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. Also has a small bar area and dining area. There is a breakfast buffet (extra charge) and you can also order sandwiches etc.

The only negative I can say is we were surprised for a newer property you could hear the people walking in room upstairs and kids in room jumping off beds onto the floor.Guess I figured newer properties would be more soundproof. Understand some people think a hotel room is a playground not much one can do about that. Parenting 101.

Will say that the front desk did give us the option of changing rooms but we were checking out next day and didn't want to pack up everything and move into another room. If we had been staying longer, we certainly would have accepted their offer.

If we are in the area again, we would certainly stay here again. There are many restaurants close by and was very easy getting in and out back to the main road to freeway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Scott D, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Flagstick, We would to thank you for choosing to stay at our Cambria property. Hotel does still look and feel new even though we just turned 5 years here.Please come back and see us. Thanks again for your response !

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for a college visit. The service was friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast was good. We have a room with a separate sitting area which was nice. Gave us room to spread out. Also, they have a bar downstairs available if you want something during the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karen t
Scott D, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Ms. Karen T, Thank you the response, we appreciate the feed back to let us know how we performed during your visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great convenient. location. Clean and modern. Nice room set up. But. $10 for a breakfast akin to what other suite hotels offer for free? They'd benefit from changing that up.
Lobby bar is a nice concept. But include those waffles Un the room price please!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sakigemcam
Scott D, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for staying at our Cambria Suites, our hotel has just refreshed our entire menu for breakfast and our dinner menu and bar as well. Yes we do charge for our breakfast buffet as we do not have a continental breakfast.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel is modern neat and clean - one of our TVs did not work and the toilet clogged with just a few squares of toilet paper - every time - breakfast is $10 - stay down the street at holiday inn express -

• Stayed: September 2013

AnneTyson, we apologize that your stay with us has some issues and hope to have you give us another opportunity in the near future. We have just upgraded our menus for breakfast and dinner.Yes we do charge for our "Breakfast buffet" as it is not a "continental" breakfast.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation months ago for a 2 queen room to sleep 5 for three nights. Had the email confirmation and follow-up reminder email from Cambria. Called on our way to be sure a sofa bed was in the room and I was told we had reserved a King bedded room. I explained I had the confirmation in front of me and that was not the case. Manager took the call and again told me I had reserved a king bed and there were no 2 queen bedded rooms available. Basically Questioning my honesty. I told him I'd be happy to show him my reservation confirmation from Cambria (not a third site) when I got to town. He said he would see what he could do and call me back. At this point I was not confident he would come through and rooms were scarce in the area so I called around and was able to get a room at a higher rate :( at another hotel. I called back to cancel and manager took call and said he'd worked out another room. No thank you. Not a chance I'd give you my business now.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank jbmWyoming
Scott D, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

JBMWyoming, our apologies are extended to you. (We had actually upgraded your reservation to our 2 king room suite, not a standard king suite) Sorry that we couldnt have you stay with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

An excellent place to stay in Fort Collins Colorado. Well situated, less than 2 miles from I-25. Excellent shopping, restaurants, and clubs nearby. Within walking distance really. Very nice clean and quiet room. Very large also. Had a sitting room,bedroom,a fridge and microwave. Air conditioner quite quiet. Plenty of bathroom articles. Just about the only downside was the breakfast buffet, which was over priced,and in a lot of places, free. Skip the buffet and go to the coffee shop in the same parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jon64506

JON64506, We appreciate you taking the time to send a comment. Thank you for giving us the opportunity during your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Positives:
- my room was large, clean and well-furnished. Felt new to me
- service attitude from Scott (the general manager) and the team was great. Scott really went out of his way to make sure my needs were attended to, even though he probably had a thousand and other things to do.

Needed improvements:
- breakfast could do with a bit more variety and sometimes the scrambled eggs were hard from being left out too long.
- Wifi was a bit uneven. There were times when the service was down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HoochPooch777

HoochPooch, we thank you for staying with us as we know you have choices when you pick your lodging. Breakfast and dinner menus have been refreshed as of this month. We look forward to having you stay with us again.