“Over-rated”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I wish I had as good of an experience as the other reviews...
When we walked in we had a very poor greeting... No smile, no...personality. I thought this was a "hospitality" business. Thumbs down at arrival. The lobby is nice and the rooms are also great.
I am pissed I paid this much for a hotel that is under "construction" and when i am excited to use the pool it is closed. It is Sunday but I guess, "nothing will be done until "maintenance" fixes it when they get here on Monday"...
REALLY.? Super disappointed and will never stay here or recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Diena R
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience with us was not what you expected. Our kitchen construction is almost complete and we will be rolling out our new menu. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person so I can make your next stay stellar. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 4/22/13, while traveling on business. I found it on TripAdvisor. The room was extremely clean and well-maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you found the hotel super clean. We have a fantastic housekeeping team and I will be forwarding your comments to them so we can all celebrate how hard they work. Thanks again and we hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband works on oil rigs... unfortunately this takes him away from home often on Holidays. We came to visit and with a 7 & 9 yr old we needed a wee bit more of space. We got a large room...one area had a king bed with a closet and tv the other room is divided by a wooden wall structure. The other room had a sofa couch and another tv chair and desk/work area. Large bath, microwave, mini fridge that held more than your typical "dorm" fridge. The pool area is small and the hot tub is tiny...only half a hot tub...however no one ever used the area the times we were there so not a big issue and after driving 4 hrs...WHO cares!! PLAY! There is no Free breakfast...but for $9.50 a person///half off for kids under 10 continental breakfast....we were going to go ahead an pay ...untill we saw that even though it was advertised as a Wolfgang Puck inspired meal....we saw yogurt, bread for toasting, bacon, hash browns...a few un labeled items...and no staff around to assist...mind you it's Easter.... so I am not getting all twisted...but for $20 bucks it would of cost us we decided to venture into the local area...LOTS of food, and shopping right here as well. The staff was very nice our room was cleaned and well cared for...we will stay here more often.

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor and never heard a peep even from the rooms on either side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter break with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cambria Suites in Fort Collins, CO for 8 nights during February 2013 for a combination business / personal trip. We really enjoyed the Cambria Suites. The rooms are large suites with separate living room and bedroom - both with large TVs. Our room was clean and plenty big with a very comfortable bed. The hotel has a pool (we didn't use but looks nice) and fitness room (we did use - good amount of equipment for a hotel gym). We had breakfast there each morning. The food was good - probably on par with an Ihop or Village Inn. Finally, the location of this hotel is great if you need to access anything along Harmony in Fort Collins or get to I25. In my mind, this is probably one of the best business hotels in Fort Collins.

Room Tip: West side of hotel will get mountain views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank moyer981
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had a great experience on your recent trip to Fort Collins. Our all suite hotel definitely makes long hotel stays more comfortable with the extra seating area and TV away from the bedroom area. We hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I read the reviews and decided to try the Cambria Suites on a recent trip to Fort Collins. I am so glad that I did! The room was CLEAN and quiet, just what I was looking for. I think that Cambria Suites is my new favorite place to stay in Fort Collins. Although I did not use either the restaurant or the bar it is a nice option to have in the future. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice feedback. I'm glad you took other Trip Advisor posts advice and decided to give us a try. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed in Cambria Suites for 4 nights because of a business trip to Fort Collins. The rooms are very comfortable, new and all was very clean. Wireless internet worked fine and is included. I really liked the breakfast buffet, not too big but a good variation for all needs though it costs another $ 9,50 per day -- the only reason I deduced one point in rating. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. A shopping mall and various restaurants, coffee shops and fast food restaurants (visit 5 guys! ;-) ) are across the street. All you need on a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andreas K
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean and convenient. We take great pride in providing an excellent product for our guests and we appreciate you noticing. We look forward to your next visit to Fort Collins and The Cambria Suites!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

this was my second time in Fort Collins and I choose Cambria to check it out.
This place seems to be brand new!!!
It is super stylish, modern and neat. The staff are great I know where I'm staying next time I go back to Fort Collins

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rodney B
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I'm glad your recent stay with us went well and we are happy to have a new guest. We look forward to your next visit wtih us.