“Spacious, Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bountiful, Utah
“Spacious, Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for business related purposes. This hotel is designed with the business traveler in mind. The suite provides two huge separated areas of a bedroom with walk-in closet and a living/office/kitchenette, plus a very nice modern bathroom. Everything seems to be super-sized, and is super clean here. Each room of the suite has its own flat-screen TV, and it's own thermostat. There is a retro cut-out window with modern decor between the two rooms which provides extra light and an more open feel. The full hot breakfast served by the hotel is nice, but it is not included in the price of the room (cost is $9.50 per guest). This is in keeping with catering to business travelers who normally simply submit all meals as business expenses for reimbursement. There is a small deli for snacks/drinks, but if you want to eat something substantial you will need to leave the hotel. The lobby offers a very modern retro look with a large seating area surrounding a giant flat-screen TV showing national news, and then extra seating area beyond, with two computers available free of charge. Unlike Marriott hotels, guests are not confined to using the lobby for free internet service. Wi-fi is available free in all of the rooms, and it was a very fast, reliable connection. The computer desk and chair in my room was comfortable and I used it often. I did not have time to use the pool or fitness rooms, but they seemed nice. The best part of the room was the bed. It was very comfortable. The sheets and bedding were extremely soft, inviting, and clean. I slept extremely well each night which was extremely appreciated after working long days. I experienced no noise from neighboring rooms. There is a large shopping mall if you walk through the business park and across the main street. It takes a little bit of walking to get to, but there are plenty of places for dining, shopping, or to get groceries. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We liked room 210. It is central to the hotel, close to the elevator, quiet (only one neighboring su...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Hollyday66
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a detailed comment on your recent stay with us. We are fortunate to be in such a great location with shopping and restaurants so close. I'm also glad you enjoyed our bedding. It is very comfortable which is not always the case in hotels. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Nice room. Lots of space to spread out. Bed was comfy. Close to the office (as I was traveling for work). Shopping and plenty of places to eat nearby. Bathroom counter space was laking. The breakfast in the morning was really good (included with my corporate room rate), but I'm not sure if I would pay the price they were asking for breakfast if I had to pay for it myself.

Only a couple of compliants... One, you could hear noise from the room next door, but that is the case with most hotels. Two, the in room frig was not plugged in (I figured out where to plug it in after moving it out from the cubby it was in... plug was behind the frig). Three my trash cans were not dumped two days in a row... one day I'll write that up as missing it... but the second day (in a row)... all but the bathroom trash cans were really full.

Overall - for my next work trip to Fort Collins I would stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bzt987
Thank you for your comments regarding your November trip. While we appreciate the positive comments and we also appreciate the not so positive comments. I have forwarded the housekeeping comments to our Executive Housekeeper and this issue has been resolved. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice room. The bed had seen better days, I miss the Hilton Garden Inns beds. You can really hear every step above. The staff are nice, however they did not clean my room the second night. I think it's a good attempt for a upscale Commfort Inn, but once you have a Hilton Honnors rewards gold card or above and are used to the little things like free breakfast, freshly washed comforters for every guest it's hard to stay anywhere else.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've never stayed at a Cambria Suites and was pleasantly surprised. I had a room with a king size bed, fridge, microwave, and 2 decent flat screen tv's. Room was pretty spacious and was appealing overall. Bed felt nice.

Only 2 complaints, which most hotels are guilty of. First, noise coming from other hotel rooms. I was on the second floor (out of 4), so obviously that comes with the territory, but not at this level. I'm not sure if the people above me were heavy footed and loud talkers, but their footsteps caused vibrations that I could feel and sounds I could easily hear over the tv. I could hear them talking as well. Second, the pillow sucked. No options when initially in room. Too lazy to ask or complain about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kenesaw
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Every year, hubby takes me to Colorado for my birthday. We head straight to the Cambria Suites in Ft. Collins. This hotel has EVERYTHING you need and the rooms are modern and SPOTLESS. Going back several years to the first time we stayed... I was in the lobby using the FREE internet on their AWESOME computers (you should see the monitors) and the manager behind the desk walked over and asked if I'd like some coffee. WHAT? ...... how often can you say THAT happens? For breakfast there was an unbelievable buffet with steel-cut oats and this luscious warm cream sauce to pour over the oats. (yum!!!) This time there was a fritata that was off the charts. (and they still have the warm cream sauce for your oats) The staff here is incredible. Angie, the manager, is first class. Steve, behind the bar, is super fun. Karen, in the kitchen, will cook up what you can dream up.... and the ingredients "are all fresh". Angie, the manager, came out from her office and visited with guests to make sure everyone was having a good time. Makes you feel so welcome. And if you like to shop... just head across the street. My favorites are Charming Charlies and Cozy Cottage (girls, this is a must see - locally owned shop of neat "stuff". ). The Cambria hotel is easy to find and walking distance to nice restaurants. Comfy, comfy beds, two tvs with two separate remotes, bar, frig, sitting area... etc. We stay in a LOT of hotels each year. We can't say this about most hotels, but this one is a 10!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. It was very nice meeting you and everyone enjoyed getting to know you both. We truly look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I wed up in the mountains in Colorado and needed a local place to stay on our wedding night without breaking the bank. I liked the look of this place online and was pleased to discover it is even lovelier in person! We stayed in the "tower suite" that had floor to ceiling windows, a nice sitting room/office space and good sized bathroom. VERY modern decor. I am an artist and I notice things like this. The best parts were the special touches- a bottle of champagne and a handwritten welcome note from the general manager Angie. It was so sweet! I will stay here again for SURE!

Room Tip: Ask for the "tower suite room 410" if it is available! Very nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Congrats on your wedding! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry I didn't get a chance to personally meet you but best wishes and I hope to meet you on your next trip.
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Nice clean hotel. Rooms were large for a single traveler. Had an excellent turkey sandwich off the menu. Front desk staff was nice but lacking in knowledge about the city/events (they are young). Near a Target and other stores/restaurants so convenient. Hard to find from the road - needs a bigger sign at the driveway otherwise you'll drive right past it! Overall I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to experience our fantastic dinner menu and that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to your next visit.