“Not awful, but.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Not awful, but.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice room. The bed had seen better days, I miss the Hilton Garden Inns beds. You can really hear every step above. The staff are nice, however they did not clean my room the second night. I think it's a good attempt for a upscale Commfort Inn, but once you have a Hilton Honnors rewards gold card or above and are used to the little things like free breakfast, freshly washed comforters for every guest it's hard to stay anywhere else.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've never stayed at a Cambria Suites and was pleasantly surprised. I had a room with a king size bed, fridge, microwave, and 2 decent flat screen tv's. Room was pretty spacious and was appealing overall. Bed felt nice.

Only 2 complaints, which most hotels are guilty of. First, noise coming from other hotel rooms. I was on the second floor (out of 4), so obviously that comes with the territory, but not at this level. I'm not sure if the people above me were heavy footed and loud talkers, but their footsteps caused vibrations that I could feel and sounds I could easily hear over the tv. I could hear them talking as well. Second, the pillow sucked. No options when initially in room. Too lazy to ask or complain about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kenesaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Every year, hubby takes me to Colorado for my birthday. We head straight to the Cambria Suites in Ft. Collins. This hotel has EVERYTHING you need and the rooms are modern and SPOTLESS. Going back several years to the first time we stayed... I was in the lobby using the FREE internet on their AWESOME computers (you should see the monitors) and the manager behind the desk walked over and asked if I'd like some coffee. WHAT? ...... how often can you say THAT happens? For breakfast there was an unbelievable buffet with steel-cut oats and this luscious warm cream sauce to pour over the oats. (yum!!!) This time there was a fritata that was off the charts. (and they still have the warm cream sauce for your oats) The staff here is incredible. Angie, the manager, is first class. Steve, behind the bar, is super fun. Karen, in the kitchen, will cook up what you can dream up.... and the ingredients "are all fresh". Angie, the manager, came out from her office and visited with guests to make sure everyone was having a good time. Makes you feel so welcome. And if you like to shop... just head across the street. My favorites are Charming Charlies and Cozy Cottage (girls, this is a must see - locally owned shop of neat "stuff". ). The Cambria hotel is easy to find and walking distance to nice restaurants. Comfy, comfy beds, two tvs with two separate remotes, bar, frig, sitting area... etc. We stay in a LOT of hotels each year. We can't say this about most hotels, but this one is a 10!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. It was very nice meeting you and everyone enjoyed getting to know you both. We truly look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I wed up in the mountains in Colorado and needed a local place to stay on our wedding night without breaking the bank. I liked the look of this place online and was pleased to discover it is even lovelier in person! We stayed in the "tower suite" that had floor to ceiling windows, a nice sitting room/office space and good sized bathroom. VERY modern decor. I am an artist and I notice things like this. The best parts were the special touches- a bottle of champagne and a handwritten welcome note from the general manager Angie. It was so sweet! I will stay here again for SURE!

Room Tip: Ask for the "tower suite room 410" if it is available! Very nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Congrats on your wedding! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry I didn't get a chance to personally meet you but best wishes and I hope to meet you on your next trip.
Middleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Nice clean hotel. Rooms were large for a single traveler. Had an excellent turkey sandwich off the menu. Front desk staff was nice but lacking in knowledge about the city/events (they are young). Near a Target and other stores/restaurants so convenient. Hard to find from the road - needs a bigger sign at the driveway otherwise you'll drive right past it! Overall I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to experience our fantastic dinner menu and that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to your next visit.
phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

2 Queen Suite
Refrigerator and Microwave
Separate sitting area with small couch and Desk
Free Wi-Fi/ computer access.

Check-In staff were professional but it was almost like we were a bother to them. (By the way the Hotel was basically empty, it was kind of eerie).

The hotel overall was very clean and seemed new. It was very modern yet everything seemed cheap and dinky.

The room was dark and small. Another hotel without enough lighting. Almost impossible to read by. The Desk chair was broken as well as the sitting room remote. The hotel was changing over to Dish so the television reception was fuzzy. We made sure the hotel was aware of the problems. They did thank us.

The bathroom had a nice shower/tub with a place to sit. The sink on the other hand was one of those modern square bowls that sit on the countertop. It was impossible to use it without getting wet.

There was a vending machine on our floor. It would not accept dollar bills. I went to the 3rd floor vending machine, it was empty. Finally went to the first floor store and got my soda. I had to pay at the front desk. When I told the young woman about it, she was in awe. Said she would call her manager. Then she told me that I was the first one to complain about this. We will just leave it at that...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anselrte66
Thank you for the comments. I'm sorry about the TV issue and the Coke machines not working. We have converted to Direct TV now all in HD and the Coke machines have been repaired. We do hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Ft Collins.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel has gone down hill! I stayed here over a year ago and it was just great, Scott was the manager's name I believe . . . he made it a point to interact with guests and get to know them, even coming to work very early when it snowed and scraped off the snow/ice from guest's cars. The last time I stayed, it was miserable. When I called to make a reservation, the clerk answered the phone in a timely manner but was a little rude, not even saying "goodbye" at the end of our conversation. My room was satisfactory, nothing special. The breakfast in the morning is definitely NOT worth the $10 you pay for it . . . the food looked like it had been sitting out for hours, yuck! Overall, I don't think this hotel deserves to be in the top 3 hotels on Tripadvisor for Fort Collins, it's not worth more than an $85 rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Angie H, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your experience was not what you experienced in the past. I can assure you that we take all of our comments very seriously and I will speak to the front desk regarding the phone conversation. I do hope you will give us another try.