“What a great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

I-70 Diner
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Flagler
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant is located at the northeast corner of the Interstate 70 interchange.
Memphis, TN
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on our way from Keystone to Memphis. We were planning to get something to go, but the look of this place drew us in. Man, am I glad. We all had different menu items in our party of twelve and everyone was extremely pleased with the food. The server was attentive and very friendly as well.
Several of us had burgers which were awesome! If you are feeling a little naughty, you can even go for a hand spun chocolate malt.
Great find!

Visited January 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waitstaff tterrible and rude..food overcooked”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Was in their on our travels from Denver to kc. First off the waitress was very trashy. Hair down...health code violation no? Tattoos everywhere..
Not what to expect at this style dinner...more from a strip club. She sat us and said someone would be with us. Their was another male waiter...looked at us 3 or 4 times. Conversed with the waitress for about 10 mins. Finally she come over asked what to drink. 15 mins later as we watched the pair talk drinks were brought. We ordered. 30 mins later...after watching our food sit in the window for at least 10 our burgers came. Meat pressed out and burnt...half cold. No garnish...after another 10 mins finally got the waitress to acknowledge us again for garnish.
Finally when we went to pay they asked how it was...said not good..she said OK here's your change have a nice day
What the ?????
Change up to a friendlier staff and new cooks...maybe you've got something

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelwiseclan
Fort Worth
“Should be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Someone went to great expense to build and decorate this restaurant in the 50s Diner style. Unfortunately the food and service don't match the façade. The waitress acted like it was a chore to wait on us. The chicken was way too dry. I would suggest the owner upgrade his food and service to match his building.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kansas city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't even get a glass of water”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The dinner was maybe half full, and after we were told to find our own booth (this was after standing by the please wait to be seated sign for a few minutes) I found some beat up stained menus. I admit the food sounded good, and I really wanted a milkshake. My girlfriend and I waited patiently, not enjoying the free WiFi because it wasn't working, watching the waitress help her other tables, in particular all the other tables that had say down after is. Thirty five minutes later, we decided to go to the subway next door even though they did not have milkshakes. We saw another family in subway who had also abandoned their table at the I70 diner. It was a let down. I can't say anything about the food, wish I could, but there you go.

1 Thank Joe M
Tom765, Owner at I-70 Diner, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to stop by our diner. As the owner of a small business, our expectations of high customer service was not reflected in your experience. Knowing of these occurrences help us ensure that this value is held by everyone at the diner, and we hope you have the opportunity to stop by again for a much more enjoyable experience. We sincerely appreciate your business and comments.
Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had been here two years ago and enjoyed the food and the conversation with the owner. Extremely disappointed this year. The green pork chili was very salty. Mentioned it to the waitress she became rude. Waited for our bill for quite sometime, she kept ignoring us. Walked up to the register and ignored. Stood at the register for a long time, she conversed with friends, and applied lipstick. Someone else took our money. We could excuse the saltiness of the food, the extreme rudeness will keep us away.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to I-70 Diner? Share your experiences!