“Ok, could be better”

Comfort Suites Longmont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Firestone
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room was very nice, clean and spacious.Very quiet also, never heard a noise from other guests.The staff (excluding housekeeping) were NOT friendly or helpfull at all. Checked in without one word said by the front desk, no directions to room, nothing. Later that night we needed more shampoo and had to wait 5 mins for the front desk girl to finish up a personal call, she then seemed annoyed that i had waited. If you're looking for a hotel with a great indoor pool... keep looking, the pool here was GREEN, and SLIMY on the bottom, got in and got right back out. The exercise equipment in the fitness room were pretty good. The breakfast ended at 9am every morning so if your on vacation and want to sleep in like we did you might not make it. Doesn't seem to be a family friendly hotel. If you're traveling on buisness and just want a quiet room it is a good place. Although for the price you would expect quality amenities along with the great room. If friendly customer service was applied and the pool was scrubbed I would like this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor tall ceilings
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travel121406

Reviewed November 15, 2012

On a recent 10 day trip through the Rockies, my wife and I stayed at several different hotels. This was one of them. Check in was pretty rough because they couldn't find my reservation and I couldn't find the confirmation #. (After the fact, I found the confirmation email in my junk mail. I take full responsibility for this error.) The girl working the front desk had her boy friend behind the counter with her and she was in a hurry to get me checked in so she could get back to him. My concern was paying for a room and then being charged for the already confirmed room. Apparently it all worked out fine because I was only charged for one room on my credit card.
Now, about the room itself. It was a standard sized hotel room with a small love seat, chair and ottoman crammed into that space. (Along with the typical desk, desk chair, mini-fridge and microwave cabinet.) It has a very small piece of wood separating the bed from the other furniture - thus making it a suite? You can't fool me. It was still a standard room.
The carpet had several small holes in it about the size of a penny. Don't know what or why.
The bed was comfortable. Not real firm, but not too soft either. In the king room there were probably 5 or 6 pillows and they were all hard as a rock.
Breakfast was pretty standard. Biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, pastries, waffles, juices and coffee. It was good, but nothing outstanding.
There are several quick food places around and a Starbucks just across the street.
Over all I'm not sure I would stay here again. There are several other hotels in the area that I would try next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

There's not much top range all round this area but this motel filled the bill with comfortable rooms. Our king room had a settee, easy chair and desk and table. There's a hot b/fast and 3 guest computers. Reception was good. Eating is probably best in town. If you want to literally just "pop over the road" it will be a Mexican quick service cafe style eating place. Good food if its burritos and fajitas you like.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a good spot between the northern Colorado areas, and is right off the highway. A pleasant staff, good breakfast choices and spacious rooms. There was always a smell of cleaners, but I'd rather that than others. A gal from housekeeping definitley stood out, saw me struggling with luggage and keys and helped me get into my room. So nice! Will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: They do pay attention to extra requests when making reservations. Gave me extra pillows and far from...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When I walked into my room, it was smoky. Owner immediately put me in another room and apologized profusely. Sometimes people reserve hotels for just points despite the service, but I am very glad I made the choice to stay here. Conveniently located off freeway, ample food nearby, clean, large bathroom, comforters (not itty bitty blanket / sheets), easy to park, easy to find, easy in, easy out. I've stayed at a lot of brands, and some of the higher end brands seem to be slipping, while I have been pleasantly surprised with the Choice brand lately. Did I mention the plasma wall TV? Plus, a fridge and microwave is much appreciated, as higher end brands also tend to forgo these amenities as they become more expensive. When you're traveling for business, there are a lot of basic features you look for, and I definitely think this location met all of them. Free breakfast was a plus too. Starbucks almost next door, can't go wrong with that. No it's not a Conrad, but sometimes you really don't need that.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

After 11 hours of driving, we were exhausted. The desk clerk negotiated a rate of $139 for a jacuzzi suite, which he said normally goes for $179. The jacuzzi room was in a separate room, which was nice; my wife really liked that. Everything was clean and pleasant. We have consistently had good results in a variety of locations by choosing Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Sometimes clerks can negotiate a little on the rate depending on the time of day and how many rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here on the first night of our vacation. Room was very clean, though needs a little bit of maintenance - there was a hole in one of the cushions on the couch and two holes in the carpet. But all in all, we liked it. Staff was courteous, good breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Longmont? Share your experiences!