“Beautiful day in the water”
Review of Water World

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet and wild amusements that include wave pools, white water rapids and speed slides located on 64 landscaped acres.
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Great water park with tons of rides, lines were long on popular rides...but that is normal. Hated walking tubes everywhere for rides with my kids, it wiped them out...so guess who carried everything. Next time I think it would be worth it to get the raft pass or what ever they call it to save the time and effort of hauling those monsters up the hills. That aside, great rides for all ages, mine are 7-13, and the wave pools are really fun. Got discounted tickets with King Soopers which saved a little cash, brought in our own cooler with snacks and lunch to save money (nice big lockers to store it all in - $12). Never been disappointed by this park, been going since I was a little kid and this was the first time I got to take my kids.

1  Thank Richard E
in 7 reviews
"favorite ride"
"rent tubes"

Reviewed August 2, 2018

While I love water parks, the wave pool here is a death trap. My 16 year old daughter, who is a strong swimmer, got TRAPPED below all of the rafts at the wave pool and could NOT surface. There were NO hand grips on the sides of the pool so even though she made it to the edge, the next wave would pull her away. My 18 yo son, (who was also struggling with the same battle) literally saved her life. The park MUST provide better safety in this section; hand grips, LIMITED rafts, or postings that solo swimmers are at great risk. There has been a death (2009) and near deaths recorded so beware!

5  Thank Robin M
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I was a bit wary going in based on reviews. We went on a cooler Monday so that may have contributed to the fact that it was far from crowded. What a pleasant surprise. Our group of 14 all had a blast. We had no problem getting 2 picnic tables in the shade and lounge chairs in front of them. We had 3 Valet Passes among us and would recommend getting those. We also were there at opening so that also helped with picnic tables. Some people did come and ask to share and that was fine.

We felt completely comfortable letting the kids break off on their own to explore (youngest 10 years old). The place was clean and the staff helpful and friendly. We pre bought the family 4 packs with the pizza/drink combos and were glad we did.

Overall it was a great experience. We stayed until closing and would definitely go again.

3  Thank Kim D
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Great place to spend the day! My family visited for my sons birthday. We had 2 teens 1 8yrold, 5 year old, and 2 year old. There was attractions for everyone. I loved that they had life jackets that my non swimmers could use for free for the day.

The cost is high so we always open and close the park. My 2yr old and 5 yr old were free. We also used MT.dew cans for an additional discount.

They had many thrill rides, the line moved pretty quickly. Some of the big rides have you carry a large tube up a mt. So you end up with an awesome work out by the end of the day. Make sure to have water shoes as the ground gets HOT!

We get there at 9:45 as the park opens we always pack lunch and find a picnic table under the pavillion near the little wave pool.

If you want tube valet (they carry tubes for you and you dont have to wait in line)go there 1st as it sells out with un 15mins of park opening.....

Bring plenty of water and sunscreen! You will need it.

2  Thank Crystalover
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Visiting from out of state and we always make a point to spend a day at Water World with my daughter and friend. When we got there, we purchased a cabana. The cabana was supposed to have a cabana staff member that stops by every 30 minutes to check in on you, as well as respond to any service call button pushed. We saw our cabana staff once at the beginning of the day and never again. We clicked the call button over a dozen times throughout the day and no response. So we walk to the guest services kiosk and advised we couldn’t find our cabana staff member and was then told he was in the little kiosk with four other staff members. When I looked inside they were all on their phones playing Pokémon Go. This was a common scene throughout the day. One or two staff working and the rest playing Pokémon Go and ignoring customers. Paid for tube rentals,and when we went to get tubes, yep you guessed it staff manning the tube kiosk ignoring customers and playing on their phones. We were a little confused on how to get to the gondola so we asked a lifeguard in a red suit. The answer......”I think you go around that way” as she walked away playing that same damn game on her phone. So I am paying high prices for what? A no service experience and all the employees the experience to look at their phone all day? Never again will I entertain the idea if coming back. Future customers beware! Go to the zoo or aquarium if you want a great experience. Run through a sprinkler if you want a better water experience than this place.

2  Thank Brian B

Been to Water World? Share your experiences!