“A great Mile High Adventure”
Review of Water World

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet and wild amusements that include wave pools, white water rapids and speed slides located on 64 landscaped acres.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A great Mile High Adventure”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Today was my first trip to Water World and I had a blast. I'm a Colorado native but have never made it up to the park until today. I would recommend this place to anybody with a little money to spend.

Travel: I drove up to Water World from Colorado Springs. It was an easy drive up I-25 to hwy 36. From there, we turned onto Pecos with ease and onto the park. It was an easy drive and the parking lot was manageable.

Pros +

+ There's a ride for everyone at this park. I'm a total wimp when it comes to rides. I struggle with thrill rides and anything with sudden drops. At Water World, I had no problems and was able to venture out of my comfort zones.

+ The water coaster was amazing. It was one of my favorite rides and roller coasters scare me big time. This ride is fast and intense at times. There are 4 falls but none that are extreme. The hour wait to board the awkward raft cars you ride in was the worst part. Otherwise, I think this ride is a must.

+ Food looked good and was affordable. I had a great funnel cake :)

+ The Prank Tank was an underrated gem. It's a splash park where you can spray people and have fun with other hijynx. It's a worthwhile stop.

+ Storm was fun. So was Voyage. They just could have been better. For little kids though, these rides would be ones they will tell tales about for a long time.

+ The River Country area was my favorite. These lines tend to be shorter and move quick. The river tube rides are fast and just the right amount of intensity.

Negatives -

- I needed more time. We were there from 11:30am to closing and managed to ride only 9 rides. We spent the first 3 hours waiting in long lines at Journey. The long lines are rough but usually worth the wait.

- The Hills. Ugggh. I'm in shape and in my mid 20s and it was still a tiring day. Carrying the tubes never got easier.

- The cost could be lower. For the amount of rides you can get on because of the lines, I think $40 is a little steep.

Overall, I would recommend this adventure to anyone. I give it 5 out of 5. I have more fun at Water World than at Elitches.

Amarillo TX
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great park - but be warned”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hi All - we really liked Water World. Staff was friendly and helpful, the park is clean and many people taking care of trash so no overflow. We bought the 'tube valet' for 45.00 and thought it was worth every penny for just the 2 of us, certainly would be even better if you had young children to not have to carry the tube up the hills! My only warning - they have 1 ride - it looks like a taco - that has a sharp dip as you go off. It warns you to 'hold your chin down to your neck'. I did, but still ended up with whiplash on the ride. I didn't expect it to be as strong and it just whipped my head backwards. I have a bad neck anyway - so my bad to not just turn around and go back down. So - if you have a bad neck - avoid this ride. I didn't have any trouble on any of the other rides - so we will go back!! Also - bring water shoes or sandals that can get wet - the pavement by the end of the day is hot and rough on the feet!!

5 Thank debavaAmarilloTX
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Get the Valet Tube!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We love Water World and live nearby. Our family came to visit and we decided to try the new valet tube option. It is $48 for every 4 people so we needed two but it is worth the money and then some! You get 3 rides unlimited and 2 of the super crowded popular rides one valet each. We waited literally 0-5 minutes whereas the other people (who were not happy about us zooming by them in line!) waited between 1-2 hours!!!! Also if you have kids with you (we had two) it is so worth it because you don't have to carry any tubes or rafts. You just walk up and the staff gives you the raft at the top.
Since this is there first year with this feature, I hope they will include more rides or more times on popular rides in the future. Still, we got to do a lot more of the other rides that didn't have valet because we weren't spending the whole day waiting on line. In short, valet it!

Santa Fe
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“FUN FUN FUN!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

First and foremost, I strongly suggest getting a VALET tube wristband. It's extra but well worth it! Rather than waiting in those long lines and carry tubes up the paths to slide down on, you get to take a short cut and get a tube at the top. So worth it! We all had such a great time on all the great rides. I for one am not eager for water parks, but I was able to enjoy tanning near a jungle gym area with my chair half way submerged in the pool while the rest of the family went on all the rides around me. We then headed to a different section of the park.

The hills are great exercise, but the map of the water park was throwing us off. It was difficult to understand, and I'm usually good at reading all maps.

This was the family's favorite part of the vacation.

1 Thank Vanessa M
Basalt, Colorado
“Park clean; employees engaging”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I visited on Aug 8. The day began with forecast of 90% chance of rain and T-storms possible. A weather alert was posted at the Ticket booth. The seller asked if I was aware of the weather forecast and advised me of the rain check policy. At the gate, the attendant asked if I was aware of the forecast and rain check policy and instructed me to hold onto the ticket stub in order to be eligible for a rain check. FANTASTIC communication!
Fortunately, the weather held, although cool. We had a wonderful time. The park was clean and the employees helpful and engaging. The park was beautifully landscaped. The new ride, Mile High Flyer was a blast! I giggled like a child when the raft shot up the hills with stomach dropping acceleration! What a ride! I also enjoyed the Disney like raft rides such as the Storm, Dinosaur and Pharaoh.

Visited August 2013

Been to Water World? Share your experiences!