“Best in Fairplay”

Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Fairplay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Millonzi's Restaurant is a family owned neighborhood Itiaian restaurant. The food is home made by the millonzi family daily. Our bar offers a wide screen tv, happy hour specials and the friendliest bartender in town. Our outdoor deck over looks the Mosquito range and Fairplay beach.
Colorado USA
“Best in Fairplay”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is as close to fine dining as you'll find south of Hoosier pass. We have a cabin outside Fairplay and this is our family's favorite restaurant when we eat in town. The atmosphere is nice and the service is great. My wife is a vegetarian and they have several items on the menu that she enjoys, I love Italian and they do a darn good job at it. It's a little out of place in Fairplay and not really frequented by my local friends (but that is because it's a little pricey). A real gem.
During weekends you should really make reservations to avoid the wait.

• Visited November 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Eating out in a cold town”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Cold evening, wandered up t o Milonzis from the Hand hotel....nice atmosphere though wondered what made it Island Night apart from the ?Hawaiin music that played for a while.
Pleasant service, comfortable, warm and average italian style food. We learned that 'salad' in the US really means lettuce with darn all else, but portions adequate and prices reasonable.
Overall a pleasant experience but had been a bit oversold by the hotel host and maybe our expectations were a little high.

• Visited September 2013
“I do not recommend this restaurant.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the ghost town museum the lady in the gift shop recommended this place as an excellent, affordable place to eat. We decided to give it a shot and we were sorry we did. This place is way over priced, and the food is not good for half the price. The coffee was old and cold the bread was hard and cold. The hamburger was $11.00 and not very good. The bun was hard and the lettuce was wilted. They over charged us on the kids menu by $3.50.
The French fries were tasty though.
With tip we wound up spending $60.00 on this lunch for two adults and one child and no drinks, other than coffee. I'm not sure I'd call that affordable. Sorry Millonzis but should we find our selves in Fairplay Co. again and were starving, and all the other places are closed, we'll wait and drive the two hours home to find something to eat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rbertph
Colorado
“OK with me!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fairplay on a Tuesday in October isn't a ghost town, but it sure comes close. Two other places were closed, so we thought we'd give Millonzi's a try - and I'm glad we did. Nice dining room and bar, kinda funky but that's what you'd expect in an old Colorado mining town. I had an excellent home-made meatball sandwich, and my wife had a margherita on a ciabatta roll. Both were excellent. Absolutely no complaints - I'm glad the other two were closed.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Millonzi's Restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

In the small town of Fairplay, Co. I did not expect to find a place that had so many things that I liked. We sat outside on the patio with a great view of fisherman doing their thing in the pond below. Happy hour during the week is two for one and the menu was great. I'm a small eater so I love the small tapas plates. My husband had the meatballs which he said needed more flavor added to the meat. I had caprese salad and it was perfect. Service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013