“A hidden gem”

South Park Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Fairplay
Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a full service and family friendly restaurant specializing in steaks and southwestern cuisine.
Coleraine
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were dirt biking through Colorado and got caught in a bad rain storm and made an unscheduled stopover in Fairplay. Our hotelier recommended the South Park.
Friendly service, fantastic salsa with the margaritas, and a great steak. We were persuaded to try the cherry pie and we were glad we did.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank maxbiaggi

Rocky Mountain High
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were delighted to find a good restaurant in the small town of Fairplay. The meals selection included some a little more elaborate than you would expect in a small town, which is a treat. Nothing fancy, but tasty and hearty. The waitresses are friendly and a pleasure to talk with. I wish the service was a little faster, though.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GeBeColorado
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was highly recommended by our hotel owner and rightly so. Double cheeseburger was very good, as was accompanying salad and fries. Service was good as well.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank holyhiker
Aurora, CO
“Great place for not only steak!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Being vegetarians, my wife and I normally shy away from any restaurant with the word "steak" in the name. We found ourselves in Fairplay, CO today and stayed so long we needed to eat a late lunch before we left. After a little walk around town, we decided to forgo our normal day-cation restaurant and try something new. The Italian place was closed so we checked the menu at South Park Steakhouse. To our surprise, there were several items we could eat, even without having them leave something out of the dish. My wife had a lovely side-salad with the green chile macaroni and cheese and I had a great veggie burger with cheddar and bbq sauce on a wonderful cornmeal Kaiser bun and a side-Caesar salad. And the great thing was that there were several other options we could have tried. Nicole is a great server...our iced tea was always full and cold and she was very attentive to all needs. The prices are very reasonable even though it's a "steakhouse". I highly recommend this restaurant to meat and veg-heads alike. We're already looking forward to our next day-trip to South Park.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank meenunclemike
Como, Colorado
“First meal of many”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having recently moved to the area my husband and I like to find places that we can enjoy dining at on a regular basis. This is going to be one of those places! The presentation of the food was nicely done. My husband had the grande burrito and I had the green chili mac and cheese. They were both delicious! The mac and cheese had just the right amount of green chili so that you could taste both the mac and cheese and the green chili. Just the right amount of kick. My husband was thoroughly impressed by his burrito. He said that the pork had an excellent flavor and it had veggies, rice and beans in it. On top was guacamole, sour cream and green chili. And big! It's a family owned place which is nice to support also. The service was great too :) We will definitely be going back to try their steaks and other yummy items :) Thanks for a great meal!

• Visited June 2013