“Amazing!”

Mason's High Country BBQ
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Fairplay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Absolutely amazing BBQ. Had the Pulled Pork Sandwhich and Brisket Sandwhich. Both were wonderful. Would definitely recommend and will be back again! Also - the customer service was exceptional. We felt like our business was greatly appreciated!

1  Thank Susan S

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good barbeque but EXPENSIVE! And they take cash only. I guess if you're on the way to 'Breck' you can afford a $30 lunch at a BBQ shack, but we're more local so we were surprised.

Service is fun with Criselda greeting you and cutting up in a fun way. Mark is more scary, looming in the kitchen and shoving orders to the Mrs. with a scowl.

Good food and good service so it's definitely worth a try but bring lots of cash.

3  Thank Alan C
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Quite a great find for all us bar-b-que lovers! The pulled park is absolutely a must but chipped beef, well that was also yummy! Side dishes are just as good & the beans & potato salad are very hard to pass up. No atmosphere here folks but some darned good cookin!

1  Thank Tropicats
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The BBQ at Mason's High Country was good, although the sauce wasn't as spicey as we like (being from TX, we like our BBQ hot and spicey!). Probably the best thing was the friendliness of the owner. We went to Fairplay to find a Christmas tree, so Mason's was a nice stop-over and filled us up before our trek in the woods.

I didn't try the sweet potato dessert they make there (I ate too much BBQ), but it is sure something I'll try the next time I go...it sounded wonderful!

1  Thank Lee_Desmond
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I live about 30 miles from Fairplay. I jokingly said I'd like BBQ for our anniversary dinner...of course he agreed. I called to make sure Masons was open, asked if jeans and Tshirt were okay...staff there jokingly noted only requirement was high heels..LOL....We arrived at the place to smell the essence of GREAT BBQ! I ordered Sausage, Ribs, Beans, and Potato salad...Hubby Brisket, pulled pork, slaw, and grow your @$$ potatoes...It was all excellent. Only drawbacks, not enough ribs for the price, potato salad a little bland, and building was cold. Sausage, pulled pork, brisket, beans, and slaw were all some the best I have ever tasted...Little pricey, but good bbq is worth the $$$.
Bottom line: Anniversary music Priceless, Staff EXCELLENT, food worth the money!

2  Thank s m