“Great time!”

American Safari Ranch
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Fairplay
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Best horseback riding experience my family and I have had. The scenery was beautiful, The Guides, Ashley and Cole were very attentive and we felt safe at all times. Highly recommend.

1  Thank butterflylover2

Reviewed July 27, 2012

6 of us went riding,had great fun & a very helpful and cheerful guide in Ashley.
Horses were suitable for our range of abilities and it was much more enjoyable riding free range rather than in single file

1  Thank bhillranger
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My two kids, ages 17 & 21, & I went on a 2 hour ride with this ranch last week. Our wrangler was Bob and he was a terrific, personable guide. The horses were beautiful, the scenery spectacular and the hospitality warm. We were treated to a pulled port lunch after our ride and visited with Stan, Bob and another young ranch hand. Everyone was so friendly and the experience very unique and memorable. Thank you American Safari!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband is a local business man in Summit Co., and has patronized the Safari Ranch several times and has recommended Safari Ranch to our guests. He realizes that the owner, Stan, can be quite abrasive. He does this for the safety of the rider. People need to realize that riding a horse has risks involved. Having said that, we went over with his brother and wife and friends from Ireland on July 13, 2012. Stan's son checked us in and got the same message across in his own way which was just as effective without being abrasive. Ashley was our wrangler/guide and she did a wonderful job. We enjoyed riding in a "fan out" way rather than a single file nose to butt trail ride. We could go into the trees or not...whatever we each felt comfortable with. She was very accomodating about taking pictures for us. She is a good wrangler and knows her stuff. All of the six horses we were on behaved very well. I rode on Moon...she was sweet and did what I asked of her. We all had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to go again soon.

2  Thank patty g
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a ride with them last week. Only good thing I have to say is the horses were in good condition. The owner, Stan, was rude with us and our wrangler. The wrangler we had was just starting working there. His second day actually. The kid was super nice but wasn't knowledgeable yet about the area. Our ride was to be 2 hours and it ended at 1 hour. The wrangler didn't realize what time it was and offered to take us back out but we were already there and the ride itself was just going up a hill and back down. Pretty scenery but I can do go up and down hills in Indiana! The tack was pitiful. My son had a horse that the bit was bent and a couple times it went up instead of down when he pulled back. Be thankful you haven't booked with them. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!! And I hope our wrangler has found a better job!! He was a nice kid!

2  Thank cowgirlbootson