“Clean, good restaurant and bar, dissapointed with no room attention for 2nd night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fairplay Hotel

The Fairplay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Fairplay B&B and Inns
Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Enjoyed our stay for the most part, would think we would get the trash taken out and maybe clean towels, or the bed made, for the 2nd night stay without having to ask. Also coffee somewhere in the building on Monday morning would be nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank YoshiNebraska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We have been going to this hotel since it reopened a couple years ago. Each room has its own character. The beds are very comfortable. We love everything about the place, including the staff and the owner. The food on-site is top-notch as well. We will be back in July!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank john r
huntington beach,ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very clean, old fashioned hotel! Loved the staff, the homey bar with a welcoming bartender, the delicious restaurant( awesome salmon!) and the great price. Thanks Constance for a lovely stay! Randy, Ellen and Bo Fryer-Huntington Beach Ca.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hbellen
Avon, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We showed up at the hotel at 9pm and they had given our room away even though they had our credit card and new we were arriving late. The front desk could have cared less.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank justinmhild
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Tired, altitude-lagged and quite far from my actual destination, I knew I needed to stop for the night and then go on in the morning. The Fairplay-Valotin looked perfect to me as I drove by, and I was right. The owner, Constance, was welcoming and kind, and the young male staff --- her son, plus a small clutch of others --- were polite, friendly, helpful. If only every little town had such a place! Historic but comfy, not fancy but plain in a good way, it's more European than American, really, in feel --- except it's so clearly a Western survival. Don't miss the charming old-style bar!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Bethbook
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

If you like staying at a Marriott this is not your place. The owner will check you in and her son was working the bar. The place is old and the aminities are few but it has some character and it's supposed to be haunted. The weekend we stayed there was a large group of paranormals staying there. They had all these cameras and detectors set up throughout the hotel. There's a restaurant which we only ate breakfast at which was pretty good. It's right in town so everthing is walkable. The rooms are old, the bathrooms small and the beds are also old. We like these strange little places, so we enjoyed our stay. Fairplay is the home to the fictional town of Southpark.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony S
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I would stay here again if the owner wasn't the rudest woman I ever encountered. Seriously, I don't think I've EVER even sent food back. I never complain, but this woman was unbelievable for someone in the hospitality business. I wouldn't give her another dime toward her profession, because she simply doesn't deserve it! I won't go into details, but assure you, if you encounter her, her shinning personality will come through.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank trstephe123
Constance54, Owner at The Fairplay Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
I treat all of my guests fairly and politely, but will not have the guest decide the hotel policies.ie: when she will pay the bill. Upon arrival, she told my son she would pay cash upon check out. When I found out of this arrangement, I told her we needed to run her CC or get the cash up front. This angered her that I knocked on the door during her party and she became very indignant. I was very polite, but firm.
I was very accommodating to this family, but this woman was confrontational and arrived with a bad attitude. Even with that, I was polite and even tempered. She refused maid service for the 2 days, but I offered clean towels, toilet paper . She came out of the room and held a wet, dirty towel in my face, and I asked her to place it in the laundry basket that was 2 feet away from her. She became very indignant and threw the towel. She later called me on the phone and said I was rude for not touching the dirty towel. I told her I was cooking in the kitchen and was extremely busy at that moment.
We had a dance later that evening and they attended and were treated well by all, myself included. No matter what we did, she was in a foul mood.
Please remove this unfair review. We try to make everyone happy here!
Constance and staff
Fairplay Valiton Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairplay
A Riverside Inn Hotel
#6 of 8 in Leadville
The Bivvi Hostel
The Bivvi Hostel
#1 of 70 in Breckenridge

Been to The Fairplay Hotel? Share your experiences!