“Tiny but powerful”

Cuisines: Sushi, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This place is a rather small establishment, but the food is far from small in servings. The smothered burrito was the favorite of the three meals. It was all good, but yum on the green chile! We had a short wait, got a table in an out of the way place, and were served quickly. Our food server was pretty busy as it was a weekend, probably the only drawback to this fun little place.

There are newer reviews for The Wildflower Cafe

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've been around the world twice, and I love my breakfast/brunch endeavors, so I know what I'm talking about. This place is quaint, has warm service, a decent bloody mary, and the food is huge and delicious. I'd easily wait outside for 30 minutes to get into this place. This is a must do if you're staying in Evergreen or surrounding areas, or if you're just passing through at the right time.
Right MOW!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I've walked by this place so many times and never gone in until recently. It was amazing! There were 6 different kinds of mimosas and a full bar. I had French toast, which was amazing and my boyfriend had the Reuben which he enjoyed. They have craft beer on draft and awesome, friendly staff. Don't wait as long as I did to go in there! You will love it!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I wish I could give a 2.5 rating.

The food was very good and unusual, and unlike many cafes, the coffee was good and rich. (Don't ask me why so many restaurants skimp when it comes to coffee!) Prices were reasonable. It also has a quaint and "locals" feel to it, which is nice.

However, the seating is just TOO crowded. I understand that restaurants must make a profit, but customers are literally elbow-to-elbow in this place. (And I am a size 6, so the issue was not personal body size.) Inside tables APPEAR to be only about two feet apart (if that)! Even though my husband and I were seated outside, I was still literally touching elbows with another customer (about the same size as I), plus we could hear every word of the next table's conversation as though they were actually seated at our table! (And I am talking just normal conversation decibel levels.) So, forget having a comfortable time here or even having any kind of discussion unless you don't mind your "neighbors" hearing every word.

And, as far as the service is concerned -- yes, it was friendly, but the waitress never did bring my muffin. (However, as the entree portions were generous, I didn't make an issue of it.)

We will stick with the Lakeshore Cafe. Food is just as good there, the service is OUTSTANDING, and there is a very nice view of the lake if you sit near a window.

1  Thank Kathryn F
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Friendly staff truly cares about good food and super service.
Snag one of the outside tables (indoor seating is OK, too, great, homey vibe) and watch the show whilst you wait for a super-yummy breakfast. The entertainment on hwy 74 is non-stop: everyone from scooters to Harleys, toddlers to bikers, rough around the edges to bright eyed and bushy tailed. And then the food arrives. 'Build your own omelet' is my favorite, but everything on the menu is worth the stomach real estate.
Wildflower Cafe IS A MUST, weekends are lots of fun. Of course there's a wait, but so worth it!