“Home of the $9 biscuits & gravy(no toast, no eggs, no hash + tax)”
Review of One World Cafe - CLOSED

One World Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: At One World Cafe, we take pride in providing high-quality, made-from-scratch food. We believe that great dishes come from great ingredients, and we have made a commitment to using fresh produce, organic ingredients, and conscientiously raised meats to make the best food possible for you and your family, at breakfast lunch and dinner. Our eggs are always cage-free, our beef grass raised and locally sourced, our produce organic whenever possible, and our salmon comes from Skuna Bay (check out their website, they tell their story better than we do!). Because eating well makes people happy. And that makes the world a better place.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Yes, it's made from scratch, yes it is good, yes, it's the highest priced breakfast fare in Evergreen or the Denver metro area. $9 biscuits & gravy in a small cereal bowl with no extras = why?
If you are looking to hear Bob Marley on a satellite loop, see some pseudo peace flags hanging above your table and want to experience mis-matched silverware, plates, bowls, glasses and plates, you just found your bait & switch place.

1  Thank slcdon

Reviewed October 27, 2013

OK - take one ramshackle building, add year-round holiday lights and a staircase that might challenge a mountain goat. But oh, yes - add in great food, fine service and a feeling that you've just taken a dozen years off your age.
Yep. One World Cafe sat there, right in front of my nose, for years. Until my wife and I said, "what the heck - it can't be worse than some of the other Evergreen restaurants." Not only was One World "not worse," it was much better than the nose-in-the-air establishments often praised in this, "the Town Where Christmas Lives." (my wife's label)
But, like so many things in life, yah gotta work to get to that great food! Up a steep, narrow flight of stairs, then into a small, informal dining room. You'll be greated with great gusto, and promptly served the sort of grub I love: Comfort Food! Great beers on tap fill in the gaps. . .if there are any.
I don't know how they produce such good food in such, uh, "challenging" surroundings. Surely the requirements for a waitress must be:"need a great smile, and legs of steel." The kitchen is downstairs. Way, way downstairs. And the dining room is. . .well, way up.
My wife and I love this place. And we're pretty picky. Go there. Great food awaits.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A singular spot to have a great meal and put the world on hold. Come up to Evergreen for the day and plan on a meal at One World Cafe.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We got into Evergreen around 8 pm and were starving. Wanted something besides crappy fast food. Went into historic part of town - not many restaurants open at that time but spotted many cars parked outside of this cafe. What a great choice. Eclectic little place with a diverse menu. I was able to find a vegetarian selection that was awesome. Great beer on tap. Was a perfect ending to a long day of traveling. Very nice staff as well.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

well, we did return and Jen was still there and unfortunately the mussels were very sub par. We won't return because of the service, mussels and $70 for 3 apps, 1 sammie and 2 drinks (b4 tip).

2  Thank evergrreen