“Relaxation before Proposal”

TallGrass Aveda Spa and Salon
More attraction details
Owner description: TallGrass Aveda Spa and Salon, this year celebrating its 19th anniversary, is located in a picturesque mountain meadow beside Upper Bear Creek in the Rocky Mountain foothills town of Evergreen. The spa offers a complete menu of luxury services, along with catered lunches, boutique shopping and private party space.
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxation before Proposal”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My fiancee and I went here during the day before I proposed. It is just what the doctor ordered! The staff was very helpful and thoughtful for us newbies! Quite pricey, but worth it for a special treat on a special day. Oh, and the food was delicious!!!

Visited October 2013

Denver
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The swankiest of the swank”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've been to several day spas around the Denver area, and TallGrass is definitely the king among kings. The environment is truly remarkable, the facility atmosphere is extremely relaxing inside and out,and the staff is ready hand and foot (no pun intended).

If you go, go EARLY and stay as long as you like. Lounge around, drink tea or flavored water, sit on the patio or in the great room, read a book, chat it up with whomever you came, take in the mountain air, take advantage of the steam shower if its available... If you're planning on blowing in, getting your massage, and running off, its probably not the place you're looking for. Since its more expensive than any other day spas in the area, you really can feel what you're paying for by taking your time and experiencing the resources.

You also get a sense for why the hefty price tag when you realize how far away from civilization it is. It costs money to truck supplies up there.

The massage: I did an 80 minute duet massage with my wife. It was good, I asked for a very hard massage, and I definitely received it. The therapists were definitely there to serve your requests. The choice of scented oils was nice, and I even found a nice "manly" one I liked. Both my wife and i noticed less of a slow focus on one muscle or muscle group for awhile and "satisfying" that group before cycling to the next, which is more what we prefer. There was more of an overall travelling from here to there and back around again which felt a little chaotic, or disorganized. But now we're getting into the nitty gritty of massage preferences and styles. The duet room we were in was exquisite. I'm not sure if they allow wine in there, but in the winter, I could picture drinking a wine right after the massage and enjoying the room and fireplace. I'm sure you could inquire if you're looking for a remarkably romantic experience for the love of your life. This would definitely be it.

In my experience, its worth the price for a luxurious self-reward for all your hard work. I've been to some of the spas I would consider the next tier down, which if it weren't for TallGrass would be the top tier. They are very nice, but this place is next level.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place is wonderful. Expensive, but worth the money. You can sit in their great room all day, and sit in the steam room. They offer wonderful tea, and great robes. It's one of my favorite places to relax. I love going in the winter the most, because of their great fireplace.

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tall Grass - a gem hidden in the mountains”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a fan of Tall Grass and all its services, from head (hair cuts and color) to toe (great pedicures) - and everything in between. The services are great and the Aveda products are also wonderful. The attention to detail and focus on customer satisfaction is the best. I have been coming here for years and will continue to sign up for services in the future. The environment is conducive to relaxation and breathing - soothe away your stress here.

denver
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“a must!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Everyone should at least get to experience this venue,the drive alone is relaxing. The views are spectacular and the quality of all services are spectacular. The pedicures are the best in Colorado you will not experience anything quite like them! The massage is well worth the price and the aromas used are exquisite for all services. The price is well worth it!

Visited August 2012