“An Intimate Wedding and Dreamy Treehouse”

Highland Haven Creekside Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Evergreen B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“An Intimate Wedding and Dreamy Treehouse”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I live in Denver and we chose the Highland Haven for our very intimate wedding ceremony on May 21. We were honored to be the first couple to marry in the gorgeous newly installed antique gazebo which is situated on the garden deck in front of the blue spruce grove. Jenna was our coordinator throughout the planning and she did a wonderful job helping us with details and logistics. We literally had 20 minutes between downpours for our ceremony, and fortunately had the charming Dailey Cabin to have our cake and champagne reception. The Treehouse is like a little girl's dream come to life in adulthood, and perfect and romantic place to spend our wedding night! We are so happy to have this spot close for anniversary visits, and just to stop by and reminisce when we visit Evergreen. Our names and wedding date were carved in one of the trees visible from the Treehouse deck.

1 Thank Lisa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have spent 2 of our anniversary's in the Tree House. Both times have been over the top! People, Service, Food and the luxury of the environment are beyond expectation. Some how they knew it was our anniversary and laid rose pedals all the way up the stairs and into the jacuzzi tub. We will continue to recommend the Highland Haven to everyone we come in contact with!
What a lovely Slice of Heaven!

Room Tip: Every room has it's own special feel! They are all very cozy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in May 2014, on the recommendation of my husband's friend who lives in Evergreen. I am SO glad that we did! When I booked through Highland Haven's website, I specified that we were vacationing for our 3-year wedding anniversary (even though our actual anniversary was the day we checked out). As a result, we were offered a complimentary upgrade on check-in! We had originally booked a junior suite but were given the opportunity to take a Creekside Cottage if we chose. We looked at both rooms (both were nice), and of course chose the upgrade. Creekside Cottage 1 is literally right next to a beautiful babbling creek, which sounds amazing to listen to. The cottage had a kitchenette, a fireplace, a small living area, a queen bed that was actually very comfortable (this is not a given, as I learned with the next cottage I stayed at in Estes Park), a nicely updated and clean bathroom, and a very powerful air conditioner (made for amazing sleep!!!). The decor was very outdoorsy and mountainesque, which I loved. The cottage had a small front porch with furniture and a parking space immediately next to it. The grounds were SO peaceful: there were lounge chairs and umbrellas set up next to the creek, and I felt like I could have sat there all day! My only complaint about the cottage is that it wasn't super well-lit - very minor issue, in the grand scheme of things.

The hospitality was flawless. Everyone was so genuinely friendly, from check-in, to breakfast, to check-out. Good hospitality is really priceless. Speaking of breakfast... it was delightful! Breakfast was included with our stay, and served from 8:30 - 10:30 in the breakfast room every day. The breakfast room itself was gorgeous: fireplace, rustic decor, exposed wood beams - just very cozy and welcoming. The breakfast was buffet, and it was different both mornings: homemade scones, potatoes, casseroles, fruit, etc., along with standard bagels and cereal. It was such a charming spread - really the best breakfast of our trip.

Overall, a WONDERFUL place to stay for a romantic weekend getaway! Highly recommend.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I had the lovely experience of staying at this bed and breakfast for two nights. It is such a wonderful place and the staff there are so friendly and helpful that they make you feel like family. The breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious! We visted for just a quick getaway as we were married earlier in the day, so this was our "shortymoon", as our actual honeymoon will be later on. We felt like we were miles away in the mountains, it's still hard to believe that it's situated right in Evergrren, CO. It's tucked away as it's own little oasis. We stayed in the Fireside Loft, which was absotlutely superb!! We had so much room and privacy. We had our own outdoor patio and a nice large yard. We were treated on our second night there as five elk came righ down into the yard to eat! It was amazing!!! We will definitley do a return visit here. It's just so lovely and peacful. We had a full kitchen in the Fireside Loft, which we took advantage of for our dinners. Only complaint here was that there was not enough lighting when it became dark. The under the counter lighting and stove hood lightings did not work. Other that this it was a perfect stay!! They do have room service but we opted not to use this as we wanted our privacy. They totally understood and made sure to let us know that if there was anything we needed that all we had to do was pick up the phone. We sipped champagne out by the creek, which was absolutely marveous. They had chairs and tables spread out along the creek bed. They views are lovely also. We are looking forward to our next visit here.

Room Tip: The fireside loft offers you privacy and a lot of space. It is very quiet. Plus it has a private h...
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were going to visit our son who had moved before Christmas to Evergreen and found the Highland Haven on trip advisor. We were pleased by the welcoming atmosphere of this very original property. Each room seemed unique in its furnishings and clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly. We spent three nights. Every day a nice breakfast was served with fresh baked goos as a highlight. We had a nice picnic lunch by Bear Creek and decided to do the same with a Vietnamese take out dinner. It was fun.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Parker Colo
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I spent another wonderful night at Highland Haven last weekend. Having been there almost two years ago, and needing a quick escape we booked another reservation. Just as before, it was the best! Blake and Roxie, along with their staff, do a great job of making guests feel welcomed and at home from the minute they arrive. We stayed in a different room this time and it was just as comfortable, warm and clean as our other room. If you are ever considering a b&b in the Denver metro area, you would do yourself a big favor by choosing HH. Only a short drive from Denver, if feels like a whole world away.

Consistently nice, gracious hosts, clean rooms and common areas and a breakfast that will please everyone. Highland Haven will become one of your favorites as well!

Room Tip: While we have not stayed in the Treehouse yet, that is on our list for "someday". We stay...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HighlandHaven, Manager at Highland Haven Creekside Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We so enjoy seeing you and your beautiful wife! Having guests like you two makes our job so rewarding and more fun. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us, we get so excited to read your kind reviews and it makes us want to make every stay you have with us even better than the last. We do a few Tree House giveaways each year and we also randomly run specials for repeat guests, I will keep you guys in mind, I think you deserve a night in the Tree House as well! Looking forward to seeing you both again!
Roxy
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I seldom give a rating of 5 except for luxury hotels. And don't really like B&B's. I like my privacy but this place was a wonderful escape and had all we could have wanted. It was a last minute trip for a family issue and the front desk went out of their way to help during the reservation process. The grounds were beautiful. We were lucky and had full sunny days to snowy evening with beautiful landscaping. I had a special request for linens which was immediately accommodated. Our "cabin" though attached to other units was quiet, private, well done, comfortable and lovely. I am not an early riser and each morning staff put together a breakfast tray for my husband to bring to me which was delicious The owners should be complimented on staff, service and accommodations. After a snow one woman came out and helped my husband clear the car. We were there off season but Evergreen is a cute little town, great cafe's. Grocery shopping is just a few miles away for other needs. Highland Haven made what could have been an extremely stressful time a refuge. Thank you so much and my highest recommendations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. If you want a tub to soak after a day out and about be sure to ask in a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HighlandHaven, Manager at Highland Haven Creekside Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Oh Thank you! Wow we are beyond flattered, floored actually. Gail the owner and hardest working member of the Highland Haven, read this review aloud to all of our staff, smiling the whole time. This is why she comes in every day, takes care of everything from snow removal to decorating to baking so that people feel what you did. I cannot thank you enough for your review on us. I am so happy to hear that even though you didn't visit us for relaxing getaway you got some peace. If you google ebelskivers you can see how to make our "pancake puffs" with butterscotch, chocolate or just plain. E-mail me at roxy@highlandhaven.com if I can help you with more information on these breakfast pastries.
Roxy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Downtown
The Crawford Hotel
The Crawford Hotel
#2 of 157 in Denver
The Cabins at Country Road
#2 of 9 in Evergreen

Been to Highland Haven Creekside Inn? Share your experiences!