“Highland Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 9 Evergreen B&B and Inns
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Highland Heaven”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were going to visit our son who had moved before Christmas to Evergreen and found the Highland Haven on trip advisor. We were pleased by the welcoming atmosphere of this very original property. Each room seemed unique in its furnishings and clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly. We spent three nights. Every day a nice breakfast was served with fresh baked goos as a highlight. We had a nice picnic lunch by Bear Creek and decided to do the same with a Vietnamese take out dinner. It was fun.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Parker Colo
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I spent another wonderful night at Highland Haven last weekend. Having been there almost two years ago, and needing a quick escape we booked another reservation. Just as before, it was the best! Blake and Roxie, along with their staff, do a great job of making guests feel welcomed and at home from the minute they arrive. We stayed in a different room this time and it was just as comfortable, warm and clean as our other room. If you are ever considering a b&b in the Denver metro area, you would do yourself a big favor by choosing HH. Only a short drive from Denver, if feels like a whole world away.

Consistently nice, gracious hosts, clean rooms and common areas and a breakfast that will please everyone. Highland Haven will become one of your favorites as well!

Room Tip: While we have not stayed in the Treehouse yet, that is on our list for "someday". We stay...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HighlandHaven, Manager at Highland Haven Creekside Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We so enjoy seeing you and your beautiful wife! Having guests like you two makes our job so rewarding and more fun. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us, we get so excited to read your kind reviews and it makes us want to make every stay you have with us even better than the last. We do a few Tree House giveaways each year and we also randomly run specials for repeat guests, I will keep you guys in mind, I think you deserve a night in the Tree House as well! Looking forward to seeing you both again!
Roxy
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I seldom give a rating of 5 except for luxury hotels. And don't really like B&B's. I like my privacy but this place was a wonderful escape and had all we could have wanted. It was a last minute trip for a family issue and the front desk went out of their way to help during the reservation process. The grounds were beautiful. We were lucky and had full sunny days to snowy evening with beautiful landscaping. I had a special request for linens which was immediately accommodated. Our "cabin" though attached to other units was quiet, private, well done, comfortable and lovely. I am not an early riser and each morning staff put together a breakfast tray for my husband to bring to me which was delicious The owners should be complimented on staff, service and accommodations. After a snow one woman came out and helped my husband clear the car. We were there off season but Evergreen is a cute little town, great cafe's. Grocery shopping is just a few miles away for other needs. Highland Haven made what could have been an extremely stressful time a refuge. Thank you so much and my highest recommendations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. If you want a tub to soak after a day out and about be sure to ask in a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HighlandHaven, Manager at Highland Haven Creekside Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Oh Thank you! Wow we are beyond flattered, floored actually. Gail the owner and hardest working member of the Highland Haven, read this review aloud to all of our staff, smiling the whole time. This is why she comes in every day, takes care of everything from snow removal to decorating to baking so that people feel what you did. I cannot thank you enough for your review on us. I am so happy to hear that even though you didn't visit us for relaxing getaway you got some peace. If you google ebelskivers you can see how to make our "pancake puffs" with butterscotch, chocolate or just plain. E-mail me at roxy@highlandhaven.com if I can help you with more information on these breakfast pastries.
Roxy
Iowa
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We own a place in Evergreen but found it booked with other family in April of 2014. So, we spent two nights at Highland Haven. Top notch place. Very nice with lovely rooms, staff and service. We stayed in Creekside One and loved it. Fun, and quaint. Would highly recommend it. Good dog too!

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the creek. Be sure to take a jacket for the creek side chairs!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mn
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We are so very impressed with Highland Haven Creekside Inn. Our experiences have been superb. The setting is just amazingly beautiful and each cabin is filled with unique character and charm. One of my favorite places to spend the night in the US. Makes you want to stay in Evergreen forever.

Room Tip: Absolutely charming, beautiful place with the best location for nature walks and downtown. Service i...
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Precious decor in the cottages, great breakfast, lovely stream, and honestly the nicest people I've run across in ages. They upgraded us without request to a 2 bedroom cottage and it was just perfect. I'm craving the delicious baked oatmeal! Loved the touch of warm cookies for the children and sparkling wine for the adults as soon as we checked in. Each cottage was so well decorated and everything worked perfectly. It was really a great stop on our way from Denver to Beaver Creek.

Room Tip: Hillside One is precious, on the end.
1 Thank J E
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This gem of a find in Evergreen has become my mainstay for each trip out to Colorado. I was pleasantly surprised with the grounds upon arrival back in January on my first trip. The rooms and cottages are superb, with such attention to detail as well as the kindness and attentiveness of the staff on site.

In the mornings, you are greeted by the friendlist staff that go above and beyond to make your breakfast comfortable, enjoyable, not to mention enjoyable.

The location is perfect, right in walking distance to everything in town and by far, I would never want to stay anywhere else on my travels to Colorado. On a first name basis with them, they always strive to make sure your stay is not just enjoyable, but EXCEPTIONAL. I highly recommend Highland Haven Creekside Inn for any type of trip to the area, vacation, business, personal or romantic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Downtown
The Crawford Hotel
The Crawford Hotel
#1 of 157 in Denver
Colorado Bear Creek Cabins
#1 of 3 in Evergreen

Been to Highland Haven Creekside Inn? Share your experiences!