Highland Haven Creekside Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstree houseblue sprucemy husband and ib bgardener's cottagered rockswedding nightjetted tubjunior suitesbuffet styleromantic placeadirondack chairscomplimentary upgradebreakfast was deliciousnext morningtucked awayget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a great surprise getaway for my birthday! The Treehouse was awesome! Opened the door to go upstairs to find a balcony, super comfy bed, steam shower, wet bar, 2 person jacuzzi upstairs. Also my husband ordered the romance package with a bottle of chilled champagne and small chocolate cake. SO comfy and cute! Breakfast in the morning was also absolutely delicious. Cannot wait to go back - and it's only 30 minutes from where we live!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I along with our two large dogs spent two nights in the Hillside 2 cabin and thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable, secluded setting. We opted for the cabin with a hot tub and were glad we did. The price was a little higher than we expected, but the setting, scenery, and service were outstanding. We were a little taken back by the fact that Hillside 1 and 2 are actually a duplex but either we had quiet neighbors or there was good insulation in the walls. The property actually has a smaller footprint than expected but it makes good use of the space and neither of us felt cramped. The night we arrived, we took a moonlight stroll around the property and enjoyed walking by and listening to the stream that flows through the property. The breakfast was excellent and we appreciated how the presentation was relaxed and focused on quality and flavor. Every member of the staff was extremely friendly and was happy to assist with anything. They went above and beyond to help me bring breakfast back to the room. It was a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We enjoyed meandering through the local towns and perusing their eclectic shops. If you bring your four-legged family members make sure you make a stop or two at the Elk Meadow off-leash area. We can't say enough about Highland Haven...we've already booked our next trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was by far the most comfy, romantic, relaxing Inn we have ever stayed in. We didn't have much time to get away for our anniversary, so we went on a week night and tried to go somewhere close to home. It was so nice to get away for a night and stay at a place that felt luxurious and comfy at the same time. The Gardener's Cottage room was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Highland Haven. The staff were very warm and welcoming - treated us like old friends. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. We'll definitely go back in the future for an anniversary.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the warm hospitality of the staff at Highland Haven. They treated us like personal friends - one of the things we appreciate about the bed and breakfast experience. We're eager to go back and try out "the Treehouse" for an anniversary!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blackhillssilver
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I made a reservation after seeing a great article in our newspaper about this Inn. We had never been to Evergreenm but looked forward to a really nice Valentines getaway.
The Inn was tucked away and nice, but rustic. The room was pretty dark and rather small, but well appointed. We took a walk to the business area, and most places (there weren't many) were closed at 5 pm. It isn't very pedestrian friendly with the snow around. There were only a few places for a nice dinner. The Black Hat Cattle Co. was fairly pricey and ok, too salty for my taste. Service was nice though. Back at the Inn, I got zero sleep that night due to a dripping sound that I heard off and on through the night. Not even the sound machine helped me, but I know Im a light sleeper. Breakfast was great and the staff was terrific, but we chose to leave the next morning due to my lack of sleep. When we called to say we were checking out, they offered to move us to a cabin with a fireplace. That would have been nice if they had done that the night before since they had few guests. We declined after discussing it, and they offered to give us an upgrade if we return. What would have influenced us to return, is not to be charged a $75 fee for checking out a day early. Evergreen and the Highland Haven Creekside Inn were just not what we expected.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank liventheburg
HighlandHaven, Manager at Highland Haven Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and let us know about your experience. I remember you and your husband and feel so badly that we were not what you expected. Being a light sleeper myself I know how much I look forward to a quiet night away with a full night's. We felt so badly that you didn't sleep well and had we known the night before we would have happily upgraded to and done anything we could to fix the situation. If you ever decide to give us another try we would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade worth the $75 early departure fee. Thank you for your time.
Roxy