Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$171
View deal
Hotels.com$171
Priceline$171
eDreams$171
Expedia.com$171
CheapTickets$171
Agoda.com$171
All reviews hot tub nice little place bottled juice lovely hosts definitely stay here again fresh fruit full kitchen highland haven basket drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2017

I arrived on a Friday and stayed until Monday morning for a long weekend. I had never been in Evergreen or Colorado before. I stayed in the Gracious Suite which was ground floor and apart from the main lodge. It was beautiful with an efficiency kitchenette (microwave and small refrigerator with necessary utensils, silverware, glassware, dishes etc.). It was adorably and comfortably furnished with a number of lovely touches like the custom made quilt made by a local crafter. There was a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that had an abundance of towels as well as a tub dispenser with soap, shampoo & conditioner.Plenty of closet and drawer space for my clothing. There is a large garden secluded patio area right outside my door with a table & chairs to sit & relax. The wind chimes there lulled me to sleep at night. My every need was met by the owners Tommy & Lisa. I will definitely come back here again. Evergreen & the Alpen Way Chalet were a wonderful respite from my home in Florida. Thank you so much for the relaxing time I spent with you in the beautiful main Lodge!
I couldn't seem to click on the hotel ratings section but they would have been a 10 rather than a 5 if I could have.

Room tip: I got to see most of the rooms while I was there but I would choose the same one I had.
Trip type: Traveled solo
AWC_Innkeeper, Owner at Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come visit our mountain community and lodge again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

My wife and I have never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast/Inn before and we decided to give it a try and we’re glad we did! We booked a few days at the Alpen Way Chalet in Evergreen, Colorado.

The new owners, Tom and Lisa greeted us as we pulled into the compound and gave us a tour of the property and available rooms! We settled on a beautiful room with a fireplace and kitchen, everything was spotless. Our room also came with a balcony which allowed us to photograph the animals (Elk and Deer) that visit the Inn quite often! Each morning we were greeted with a breakfast basket of homemade breads and muffins. We have never been treated like this by any hotel chain!

Tom and Lisa were extremely helpful in informing us where to visit in the area as well as the best places to eat. They even directed us to a great restaurant in Denver to go to before our flight home.

Our first B&B experience was exceptional because of the service and attention we received at the Alpen Way Chalet! We look forward to seeing our new friends, Tom and Lisa the next time we are in Colorado.

Room tip: All the rooms were nice
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AWC_Innkeeper, Owner at Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We try to to make every guest feel welcome and help them enjoy the best Evergreen has to offer. We hope you will visit with us again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Stayed here for business and rented the Affinity "Suite" A dark basement charmless room with a double bed a fold out couch two very strange bunk beds and 1 bathroom that was supposed to sleep six. I rented it for myself and a business associate. There was only one bedroom that offered any privacy at all. The beds were not made up, we had no cream for the coffee after the first night, if we left dishes in the sink the charge was $25. It snowed and no snow removal until after 8:30 in the morning. I don't think I have ever been more overcharged for less!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank marty837
AWC_Innkeeper, Owner at Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

We are sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. The Affinity suite which was booked for you is very clearly outlined on our web site and was described in detail to you in a phone call prior to arrival. There is only the one private bedroom which has a queen bed. The twin bunk beds are loved by families with children because they are so unique. As new owners, we agree that the room overall could use some updating and we have that planned for the spring, but the queen size sleep sofa in the living room is brand new as is most of the other furniture. The suite can sleep up to six comfortably and we have had many families enjoy this suite. Our policy is not to touch the beds if there are personal items on the beds which was the case on at least two mornings. I apologize if we missed making up the beds one morning when there weren't personal items on the bed. We try to ensure every room has proper coffee supplies, but we also provide a 24/7 phone number for our guests to call if they need anything and we would have been happy to bring creamer to the room. For our suites with full kitchens, we do not provide dish washing service as this is a convenience for families that do not wish to eat out all meals, but would be impractical for us to daily have to wash a sink full of dishes. We do provide dish soap, towels and a dish drain to make this a simple housekeeping chore for our guests that choose to utilize the kitchen. I'm sorry if you feel you were inconvenienced by the snow, but we were out at 7:15 AM to start clearing what had accumulated and there was not enough which made walking to our parking lot difficult or our driveway impassible. We do not make it a practice to clear off our guests vehicles, but we do make sure walkways are cleared promptly and our parking lot and driveway are passable for all types of vehicles. Our pricing is comparable to all of the other lodging in Evergreen if not lower for our larger suites. You probably would have been happier in one of our smaller suites for two people, but unfortunately at the time of booking the Affinity suite was the only one available.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The Alpine Way Chalet is a cute place in a good location. The property was built in the 1940s but is fairly well maintained. The unit we stayed in, the Daisy suite, does need some updating, but it was clean and the beds were comfy. There is also a small kitchen which was a nice touch. The owners are new and very friendly. Our unit was a bit dark, very little natural light which made it a bit chilly for July. The owners had little signs all over the unit telling you what not to do, and if you did you would be fined! This was a little off-putting, but since they are new owners I gave them a pass on this.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends

We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our lodge. We understand that a couple of our suites including the Daisy suite which you stayed in need some updating. Although there isn't much we can do about natural light we have made improvements in the lighting within the room to brighten it up. We will also be doing further updates in the spring to brighten and clean up the overall suite to make it more comfortable for our guests. We appreciate your input regarding the little signs which was a carry over from the previous owner and we have made adjustments.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

The place is under new owners and they are doing an outstanding job. We had the Daisy Suite - a king bed, a kitchenette and a living area. It is immaculately clean. Lisa - the owner- brings a breakfast basket every morning - fresh fruit and some apple strudel or coffee cake which she has baked. They are friendly, welcoming and are just good people doing great work. We loved it. The grounds are neat; there is a sitting area by the creek, which is lovely. There is also a small waterfall which is very nice. There is a hot tub if you so choose. Alpen Way is very conveniently located with very easy access. Great for handicapped as it is fairly flat. You will enjoy Alpen Way

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AWC_Innkeeper, Owner at Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future!