“Wonderful visit!”

and 1 more site!
Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge
Ranked #6 of 9 Evergreen B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last month my 15-year-old daughter and I spent four nights in the Bountiful Cabin at the Alpen Way Chalet Inn and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Jeff and Rebecca, the new owners, had just taken over the place a couple weeks before but everything seemed ready to go and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Since I’m nursing a broken leg I especially appreciated that the cabin was easily accessible. There was just one short step up to the front porch and another into the cabin, which I had no problem negotiating on crutches. (The sleeping loft was of course not accessible to me but that’s part of why my daughter enjoyed it so much!).

The breakfast baskets were great, especially the sour cream cinnamon coffee cake that Rebecca made on the last day! Since the cabin also has a full, well-stocked kitchen we made dinner there each night to keep the meal costs down and so we could have a relaxing evening at the cabin. A grill was available for use and the back patio was a fantastic place to enjoy a meal, with a picturesque granite outcrop right behind the patio which made it feel very secluded.

The road in front of the property (County Road 73) was busier than I expected but the resort is set back a ways from the road and fairly well shielded by trees. A small creek runs through the front of the premises and access to the mountain town of Evergreen is very handy.

I plan on making a return visit when my leg heals so I can enjoy the nearby hiking and other outdoor activities (several county open space parks are located within a short drive and access to Arapaho National Forest is just a few miles away). And based on my recommendations and photos I have two coworkers who have already expressed interest in celebrating their anniversaries at Alpen Way Chalet Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge

Reviewed August 4, 2013

New owners, Rebecca and Jeff were so nice and made us feel right at home. A breakfast basket and in room coffee was a perfect start to our busy days. The banana bread was outstanding. Views were incredible. Rooms were tastefully decorated with all amenities. There are many places to shop, hike or sightsee nearby. We will be returning again in the fall to hear the elk bugle.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Alpen Way was a great homebase to explore the wonderful parks, resturants, and shopping in Evergreen. Kimberly made sure we were welcome and even offered suggestions for entertaining our two dogs while in the area. The property had a great area for the dogs to sniff the elk paths and would be perfect in warmer weather for a cookout. Would definately recommend to anyone needing a get away that feels like home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Alpen Way Chalet was the perfect place to stay for a relaxing vacation. The atmosphere was charming and welcoming, the rooms were quaint and just what I'd like to see in a B&B, and everything was clean and cozy. The beds were so spacious, and our kitchenette felt just like mine at home. Even better, it was in the ideal location! I was impressed and delighted with the adorable Inn, and I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was my first time staying at a B&B in Evergreen, CO and my experience at the Alpen Way Chalet was incredible. The innkeepers were warm, the rooms were tasteful and cozy, and the breakfasts were just right. Even more so, the location was was beautiful and near the main part of the town, which had great choices for food and drink. We could not have made a better choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in Jubilee!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and two friends were recently travelling the states via RV when we came across this charming Chalet. We ended up spending 5 days here venturing into the Rockies each day for skiing and retiring back to the lodge of an evening. The rooms gave the sense of proper mountain lodge charm and were well equipped (and warm!). Family owned and operated the owners Kim and Scott, as well as their lovely daughter Mahala, were always available and very friendly (Mahala even bought us fresh bagels from the cafe she works at, a novelty for us Australians!)

The Location of the inn made it perfect for accessing the best of the Rockies and also not being too far from Denver hassle free to get to.

Would reccomend the Alpen Way Chalet for anyone young or old, with family or with friends. Nothing will beat sitting in the hot tub with the mountains in the background after a day of skiing!

Room Tip: Bountiful has a back door that leads straight to the hot tub, perfect for those winter months!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I visited the Alpen Way Chalet towards the end of a long road trip. I was welcomed into the Chalet by 2 members of the Proch family. The daughter gave me a tour of the property and was extremely kind and hospitable. I stayed in Fanciful and it was very clean and spacious for just one person. I enjoyed spreading out on the huge bed, waking up and taking a hot shower and driving to the Bagelry in town for a delicious breakfast. If your looking for a quaint, quiet place to relax this is your spot.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
The Cabins at Country Road
Brook Forest Inn and Spa
Brook Forest Inn and Spa
#8 of 9 in Evergreen

Been to Alpen Way Chalet Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!