“Truly Exceptional”

The Bistro at Marshdale
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bistro at Marshdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Evergreen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 73 and Spruce Lane
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Truly Exceptional”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

All I can say is that this place combines a classic venue, fantastic food and superior service. We first went back in the winter time and pledged that we would return. We finally got that chance a few nights ago for their Friday prime rib special night. I'll be honest, the prices are higher than I normally like to pay. (Appetizers range from $8.00-15.00) BUT, we are glad to make exceptions for the superior dining experience offered by The Bistro.

Suggestions: The mussels appetizer, the duck tacos and the lobster and crab puff pastry (was a special) were fantastic. As for main courses, we LOVED the salmon, the duck confit and the most amazing prime rib.

The Bistro is perfect for date night, receptions, or just a nice dinner (I suppose lunch would work...)

Don't miss out!

Visited July 2014

Santa Ana, California
“Rustic sophistication in the Woods”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

About 25 of us had reservations for a wedding rehearsal dinner over the 4th of July weekend. We had flown in from all over the Country and found ourselves in the presence of one great chef. Our host gave us pre-arranged choices between chicken, beef or salmon. My vegetarian wife was given special dispensation with a non-meat dish. Everything was flawless and impeccably well done. Everyone in the group said they loved their dinners. My wife's vegetarian dish was grilled vegetables in an oh-so-flaky pastry crust. She raved. I had perhaps the best piece of salmon I've ever tasted. It was prepared with a two-mustard and Colorado honey glaze and then grilled enough to seal the outside while leaving the inside tender and yummy. The chef added a bit of finely shredded orange zest to top it off. The acid of the peel, the sweetness of the glaze and the fatty heft of the salmon came together in a way that was simply outrageous. Add boiled, cut, seasoned and then broiled-just-right potatoes, vegetables that were sweet with a delightful snap and I was in heaven. If you look back at some of my other reviews for other places will see that I am no push over. But for this night, I was flat on my back with a big smile on my face. I am just sad that I live in Orange County California that makes a Saturday night repeat performance a bit of a logistical problem. But to the folks that live down in the Denver Metro area, get in your car and drive the 90 minutes to this place. You won't be disappointed and the setting is beautiful.

• Visited July 2014
Colorado
“Excellent food and service for a nice dinner up the hill”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Consistently excellent cuisine featuring unique offerings. A favorite for special occasions when we do not want to drive down the hill. Nice wine list to match the menu. Can be loud due to all of the wood, but we like to go later (after 8pm) when the noise level drops. This is a neighborhood gem.

• Visited April 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Truly Great Food and Beautiful Ambiance Hidden in Evergreen, Colorado”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First: The menu "prix fixe" is incredible. Everything on it, from starters through desserts is available a la carte, so it provides an extreme range of choice that fit well; from the classic Cesar to the pork belly sliders, seafood and steaks and duck confit. The a la carte menu including daily specials is a treat for even the most demanding palette. I will not bore you with details. The produce and entrees are fresh, presentations simple and elegant. The daily specials can range from buffalo rib-eyes to seared Ahi. They are prepared with a traditional expertise complemented by Chef/Owner Bryan's intuitive creativity that rivals and bests any three star Michelin, 20 point Gault Millau or 30 point Zagat. Yes, I am an expert; chef, restauranteur and food chemist. But you should never believe experts. GO to The Bistro at Marshdale. Treat yourself and invite someone you care about. This is the most amazing food I have eaten from Paris to Athens, from San Francisco to New York. I am happy that it is out of the way in Evergreen and hope that it remains a bit of a hidden paradise.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Marcus Y
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
“Always great food and a great atmosphere. Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love dining at the Bistro - consistently good food without the sometimes-snobby pricing of a few other local establishments. Love love love their beet salad! great place for taking out of towners, for romantic meals for two, or for functions like company parties. I've been there for all three and have always left quite satisfied!

• Visited March 2014