“Pretty good Mexican food, nice atmosphere”
Review of The Whippletree Restaurant - CLOSED

The Whippletree Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Our new Chef Larry has created an amazing NEW MENU (June 2014) A lot of the Great Mexican remains! Try our NEW Appetizers, Salads, Sandwiches, Entrees and Create your Own Burger with Chicken, Beef or Portobello Mushroom! Many ala carte options. Everything is fresh, nothing from a can. The beef is grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics, raised in Colorado. Check out menu on our Website. Print out great coupons there too!
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
“Pretty good Mexican food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having lived in Texas for over 30 years, my bar for Mexican food is set pretty high. That said, i was very pleased with the food at Whippletree, and will definitely go back again. Certainly one of the two best Mexican restaurants in Evergreen (the other being Rio Del Sol).

Visited December 2012

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped in there for lunch one day after just moving to Evergreen. It was the most disgusting meal I have EVER eaten out. I ordered cheese enchiladas and I received a clump of 1/2 melted cheese wrapped in a stale tortilla and canned refried beans. I am here to tell you I bit into it and it was a clump!!! My husband could not even eat his tacos as the beef was greasy as all get out. We had to pay for chips and salsa...SERIOUSLY!?!?!!!! And the server was dressed like she was working in a barn. I will NEVER eat there again!!

• Visited March 2013
Whipple_GM, General Manager at The Whippletree Restaurant, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, we take it seriously. Their is no excuse for your bad experience, i hope you voiced your complaints to your server and payed for nothing. Very sorry and hope you'll give us another shot sometime in the future. FYI, our re-fried beans are made from scratch but obviously our recipe may need some tweaking.
Evergreen, Colorado
“Long time Favorite”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've been going to the whippletree typically once a week for almost 20 years now. I absolutely love their chili rellenos (different than what you may expect), green chili, and their burgers. They've struggled with consistency over the years but anytime i have a problem with my order they jump on it and fix whatever issue i have. No better spot in evergreen during the summer, their patio is huge. Lesley is the manager there currently, the best they've had so far. They redecorated last year but unfortunately failed miserably. They're still my goto place in evergreen!

If you guys read this over there i hope you are able to clean it up (redecorate appropriately), get your food a little more consistent (which i'm seeing is an issue for others as well), and straighten up some of the lunch staff that takes 15 minutes to get my simple order in. Do all this and i expect you'll be my goto place to the next 20+years!

• Visited February 2013
Loveland, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gross!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was hands-down, the most horrible restaurant I have ever eaten at in my life!!! To start out, there was a big long hair in the queso. That was the least of the problems. If you love Mexican food in Colorado, be warned that this is not typical preparation. The enchiladas sauce is more like a chunky salsa. If you order a combo with a burrito in it, expect to be presented with half a burrito. I ordered the fish tacos and as soon as the plate was set on the table I could smell the fish, in fact it was so strong that after braving one gross strong fishy bite, I had to push my chair slightly away from the table so that i didn't have to smell it. The black beans on my plate were so so, but inedible because of the several tough shards of cinnamon bark in them. I asked the waitress about this and she said it was how it came. The rice was from a box, I swear! The childs plate had refried beans that tasted like they were from a can...there''s no way they weren't. My husband often orders a chimichanga, but theirs had such a dense, dry chunk of chicken in it that it was actually physically difficult for him to chew or swallow. Oh, and I've never encountered being charged for chips and salsa until now....no matter. Needless to say, mine and the childs plates went almost untouched because of how gross they were. The service left a lot to be desired. The waitress forgot to bring our chips and salsa ( that we paid for) to the table until right before our meals were served...mind you, we literally were the only guests in the entire restaurant. She was sitting at the bar talking to a co-worker while we were being ignored. When she took our plates away from the table she didn't even notice that half of the plates she was picking up were full of untouched food. She didn't bother asking why. When I walked out of the Whippletree I felt I would have eaten better at Taco Bell HONESTLY!!! And as I was telling my husband that, one of the people who were in our party of 5 walked up to me and said the same thing. The next person came up and told me that she felt that the food was the equivalent of a tv dinner. I'm not a foodie and have no problem eating at some hole in the wall if they've got a good thing going, but this really was the worst food I have ever been served in a restaurant. The way home I snacked on some jerky and crackers while my husband battle stomach cramps...he shouldn't have eaten that chimichanga.

• Visited March 2013
Colorado
“Nice in summer”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife works down the street, which means that I could order, and she could make it inside of her lunch hour. A lot of food, and a lot usually got taken home. The test of a good Mexican restaurant is the chili rellenos, and they pass. What you are getting is a chance to eat al fresco in the mountain air, and the food is better than most.