“So-So”
Review of The Whippletree Restaurant - CLOSED

The Whippletree Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Our new Chef Larry has created an amazing NEW MENU (June 2014) A lot of the Great Mexican remains! Try our NEW Appetizers, Salads, Sandwiches, Entrees and Create your Own Burger with Chicken, Beef or Portobello Mushroom! Many ala carte options. Everything is fresh, nothing from a can. The beef is grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics, raised in Colorado. Check out menu on our Website. Print out great coupons there too!
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I hate to say this about an Evergreen landmark, but I have to say that lunch here this week was a disappointment. My black beans were dried out and tasteless -- what is a Mexican restaurant without black beans? The fish tacos were fine and my friend's taco salad looked nice and fresh, and I am attributing the dried up beans to the fact that we at lunch/dinner at 3:30 p.m. I'll try it again, as I do think they can do better.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ate at the Whipple Tree Mexican Restaurant yesterday as we were driving up to Mount Evans. We stopped off the side of the road in Bergen Park and stumbled across this place unsure how good it would be. Luckily, we were very pleased with everything! The food is tex-mex and was delicious! The chips and salsa are $2 but are refillable and so worth it. The salsa is homemade and has a sweeter taste- it's so good!

The service was friendly and fast. The building looks like an old western lodge, but don't be mislead- this place has delicious food! Next time I'm in the Evergreen area I look forward to returning to the Whipple Tree Restaurant!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I live in the community and this was one of the first places we visited with our real estate agent. We have been going back for 22 years! The green chile mexican food is great and the bartenders are very friendly.

1  Thank Rod H
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Seen this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to go. Wow the food was very good and quick. Staff was very friendly and had outdoor seating. Watched deer run across the street in a nice mountain setting. I have no complaints!

1  Thank suburbantravel247
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just a nice place for a good meal. Very reasonable and food is always good. They get the chicken right every time. And their combos are always good. Their salsa is the best I've had in Colorado Probably the place I go to most in Evergreen because it's so reasonable

1  Thank tommymacdaddy