“Same Great Food”
Review of The Whippletree Restaurant - CLOSED

The Whippletree Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Our new Chef Larry has created an amazing NEW MENU (June 2014) A lot of the Great Mexican remains! Try our NEW Appetizers, Salads, Sandwiches, Entrees and Create your Own Burger with Chicken, Beef or Portobello Mushroom! Many ala carte options. Everything is fresh, nothing from a can. The beef is grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics, raised in Colorado. Check out menu on our Website. Print out great coupons there too!
San Diego, California
“Same Great Food”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Been going here for 20+ years and the food is still great. You need to try this classic if you haven't been recently

Visited March 2012

“Great service but not great Mexican food”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We did have a good time on the patio and the wait staff was super but I would not consider this Mexican food. It is like going to Taco Bell with less flavor. I grew up eating authentic Mexican food in AZ and was shocked when I tasted their food due to the lack of flavor. If you can not eat anything with a hint of spice or depth this is your place.

Evergreen, Colorado
“Disappointing. Not going back anytime soon.”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Atmosphere fair (overhead lighting only), service good, but food and drink much to be desired.
The liter of margs were diluted and when asked, we were told the entire liter is poured out of a pre-mixed bottle (even the tequilla). So we ordered a better brand of tequilla and the liter was improved but pricey at $21.00. You would think this local place would mix their own drinks.

My blackened shrimp tacos were fine, but the black beans had the taste and inconsistency of over microwaved food. The rice was dry. There were even some odd green peas that I'm sure were strays from some other dish.
I'm sorry to say I'm not going back until I hear something better about The Whip!

• Visited November 2011
Evergreen, Colorado
“Good food, Good price and great service”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We really like the quality of the Whippletree food and the good value price. The Happy Hour with $1 Tacos that are fat and great eating plus drinks is one of our favorite times. If you can get there before dark and on a fall day the outside patio is tops with a view of Bergan Peak.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Traveler80439
Centennial, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Whip Rocks!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Awesome food is put out of this kitchen, by Master Bruce! The "Perfect Margarita" is always served with a smile (then creates them for my wife ;) and is always the place to go when I am in town!! The service is great and my family enjoys The Whip!

We love the homemade menu from the salsa, to the blue corn enchilada's stuffed with crab, and grilled shrimp, smothered in a pepperjack white cream sauce, and black beans and rice on the side! My favorite meal!

• Visited June 2011