“Hospitality Reigns, Atmosphere a delight, and CHEAP appetizers”
Review of Rio Del Sol - CLOSED

Rio Del Sol
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Downtown at the Light
Transit: RTD provides service one block from restaurant
Reviewed October 25, 2012

my friend and I decided to give this restaurant a try. We just wanted appetizers, and a good margarita. I never have found an appetizers this big for the price. We were both at a loss for words. Delicious and fresh, pico de gallo, and chips. The chef in the back came up to great us. He was from Chicago, so he brought his great talents with him. Even the owner introduced himself to us. The shining star though was Lonnie, the bartender. He was quick, witty, handled a busy crowd, and yet attended to everyone. My friend and I consider ourselves to be connoisseurs of margaritas, and Lonnie did not disappoint us. He was cordial, made great suggestions, in regards to food, and drinks. He loved his job, and it showed. What a great happy hour, don't pass this great place up.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pretty disappointed with the food and service. Went there right after we moved here from Illinois and it just wasn't good food was cold and took forever to come and we were one of two other groups in there.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wow....... I don't know what to say after reading these reviews. Our visit for a sunny lunch on the streetside patio was great! Look it was slow, the women behind the bar Christina was the only employee in the whole place! I thought she did a pretty good job considering the situation.

Our food was fine, not true mex but most restuarants aren't anymore. I've got a feeling ownership must of read these reviews the last few months and stepped it up a little for October and beyond. I just got off the plane from a trip to New England, and I know I had worse food and weather there the last 2 weeks! I think I would gamble one more time at Rio Del Sol.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Not worth the money or time. Service was fair but they need to pick out a specialty and stick to it. Took to long for our party of 4. Will not go back - sorry.

1  Thank Petzold
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I can honestly say this was the worst meal I ever had. Service was terrible. I had one of the specials of rib-eye steak which was ordered as medium-rare and eventually served an hour later as well done shoe leather. The vegetables served were mush and the potatoes were tasteless. Then to add insult to injury, when we asked for our bill it took another 15 minutes for the server to return with the bill. Save your money…this place sucks…

1  Thank Timothy R