“The Kitchen Nightmare At The Creek!!!”
Review of Sophie's Piano Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sophie's Piano Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Live entertainment Friday and Saturday evening. Never a cover charge.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place has terrible service, almost inedible Italian food. The only thing that I actually could finish was a burger, in fact nobody at or table could eat their food it was HORRIBLE. Overpriced, Italian wanna be garbage. The manager/owner was as rude as they come .
WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Mntgrown
There are newer reviews for Sophie's Piano Bar and Grill

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Tried to eat there twice...1st time with another couple (new friends) and 2nd time with young adult son and wife...both times arrived before 5:30 and no wait for a table...both times waited OVER an HOUR for the food, even though both times, we were one of only 2 or 3 tables occupied for at least 1/2 hour after we arrived...1st time, husband had veal (was ok but not great), other couple seemed to like their meals but don't remember what they ordered...I had "special" that night Bouillabaise...seafood so tough it was completely inedible and I sent it back quietly so as not to make friends uncomfortable (since they had suggested the place)....

2nd time, I ordered chicken, son ordered "special" pasta dish, son's wife ordered sirloin steak, husband ordered hamburger....chicken was so overcooked I could barely cut it, WRONG steak delivered to son's fiance (she had specified she wanted the sirloin but they brought her a tenderloin smothered in port wine sauce which she could not eat, and son's pasta was downright disgusting...we all tasted it and none of us could recognize any familiar flavour...awful awful awful...husbands hamburger was the only edible meal....asked server to please just bring us all hamburgers...reply was "no problem, we should be able to get them to you in half an hour or so"...for hamburgers?...and after already waiting an hour fifteen for the first round?

husband requested to speak with manager privately (at this point restaurant was quite busy and he didn't want to criticize in front of other patrons) but manager refused to leave bar crowd...manager was not at ALL interested in what husband had to say, just shooed him off and said, "just leave, you don't have to pay"...so we left!...stopped at Subway on the way home for sandwiches...

bottom line: 8 meals ordered, 5 uneaten and sent back unpaid for...

another Evergreen restaurant crossed off our list for good...Casbay is right...there are NO decent restaurants in Evergreen...we cook at home or go down the hill now...too bad...

1  Thank AnaEvergreen
Reviewed December 21, 2012

is it so difficult to get "good" food in Evergreen?

When this place opened up a year ago? maybe more..... of course it was busy, everyone wanted to check out the new place in town. We like everyone else, waited to squeeze into the jam packed bar/dining room.

We arrived at 5:30 for our pre "Christmas Carol" meal. There were maybe three other tables at that time. The first thing to draw my eye, is the bartender doing battle with a lime. I say to him, "you need a martha stewart juicer", he looks up briefly. I ask him what he was making, "a mojito" he replied. I ask about the mint, he says they don't have any, and returned to his lime. Well, so much for making conversation at the bar.

We get seated, informed of the specials, and wait for the wait staff - blah, blah, blah.

The first thing to arrive is my sons soup. It is cold. We look around to find someone to return it to the kitchen; that takes about 4 minutes - waitstaff and tunnel vision.

For entrees, my kid orders a bowl of mac and cheese, with a dusting of bacon $17, my sister, the same along with soup; which never did arrive, but did show up on the check... my husband gets the pork tenderloin, per the waiter, "the chef prepares it medium, is that satisfactory?", the meat was at best, rare, very rare. I, I ordered the Parisian Chiappino. The broth was piping hot and flavorful. Most clams didn't open, and the calamari, the pieces were so large, it was like chewing on a mouthful of gummy bears. Not what I expected.

At best, the meal was average. The service -average. Why do servers leave all the junk on the tables? they collect the main entree dish and leave everything else. A disappointment for a check for 4, over $130, with one adult only having a 1/2 of order of mac and cheese for a hefty $9.

Now, Friday at 7 pm, there are less than 10 tables in the whole place, and not one person, including 3 wait staff and the bartender choose to thank us for our business and wish us a joyous evening as we walked past them to the door. 4 days before Christmas, you would even expect a little bit more...

1  Thank Casbay
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This restaurant serves excellent food but occasionally lack the quality. The staff is OK but not what you would expect for the price tag. There is some attitude that I could do without. They also can have long waits even when seated. I have had 3 great meals here and one mediocre. Price is high so I would expect a better consistency. The building is rather crappy as well. One reviewer claims first 5 star in evergreen but, if you want meat go to kittridge for better service and food.

My mother claims she had her best meal in Colorado here, so when it is good it is good.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is more upscale than I expected in Evergree,. The menu selections were outstanding with not just the usual mountain town fare. Had mussels for an appetizer, great! The gumbo was outstanding with some exceptionally large shrimp(prawns?) I just wish I could have chosen more items. The service and ambience were great. Will return again soon.