“Kitchen by the Creek~Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kitchen by The Creek - CLOSED

Kitchen by The Creek
Cuisines: French
Conifer, Colorado
“Kitchen by the Creek~Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

First of all we had heard so many positives about this place that we were excited to try it. We are generally easy to please but we do like good food. We went early as it was my birthday and we had something to do later. We sat outside in the courtyard which is a lovely space. We were brought menus and I'd heard about the martinis and was looking forward to trying one. We noticed there were different tier prices starting at $5 which I found extremely reasonable for a martini. They all looked interesting and delicious. The waiter recommended a couple so we got the Grapefruit with sorbet and a Tropical (watermelon) and they were delicious. Best I'd ever tasted! He brought a mini loaf of warm french bread with the best little squares of cornbread bites I'd ever eaten. So far so good. We ordered appetizers of the mushroom soup which was very good and my husband ordered the escargot in a pastry puff. This is when it started going downhill. The escargot tasted moldy. We ate a couple just to make sure but it was clear that it was bad. We've eaten a lot of escargot in our lives! We told the waiter and he kindly offered to take it off the bill. We ordered the salmon off the specials menu and it came with a baked tomato half with breading on the top. Moldy taste again. The salmon was overdone. It was all I could do to get through the meal at this point. My husbands pork chop came with some kind of potatoe au grautin which again he tasted mold. It was clear there was no quality control here. When the check arrived I saw that the martinis were $16 instead of the $10 I expected. When asked, he said he served us a double since we wouldnt have wanted the $5 ones because they were so small. It would have been nice if he would have told us and not been so presumptuous. We paid, cut our losses and left. We would go back for the martinis and maybe an appetizer but I wont be eating dinner here again.

• Visited May 2012