Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
$239
$147
$159
Hotels.com
Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Courtyard
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$152
Residence Inn
$179
TripAdvisor
All reviewsel ranchowafflesindoor poolfirst floorbalcony roomvery nice hotelfridge and microwavestay there againski tripfree breakfastconvenient locationfamily weddingsitting areathe room was nicered rocksone night stayhot breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This hotel could have gotten a 4 or 5 as overall it is quite a good hotel.
Rooms are large and beds are not bad, the breakfast is very good, however a while before we stayed there the rooms were apparently re- wall papered.(in their off season) Our first night we knew something was not right but thought the smell was some sort of cleaner as the hotel is pet friendly and thought we could deal with it. We burned some candles and sprayed a little perfume in the room but every day after skiing we would walk in the room and be slapped in the face with this toxic wall paper smell. I will give the night clerk credit for letting us choose the most unoffensive room of 3 to stay in for the 2nd half of our week but to be honest even the room we picked had this underlying smell of wall paper glue. I felt nausea every time we entered the room. We actually stayed at another hotel for one night mid stay to get away from the poor air quality. One of the most frustrating things though was that we got the impression the staff knew there was a problem but no discount or other form of recompense was offered for subjecting us to this toxic environment other than "we can move you to another room" (which is just about as bad as the last one). I had to suggest this too or we would have been in the worst room (117) of the lot for the whole week.
Although I would recommend this hotel to a friend I would tell them to stay away at least until the spring or summer when the windows can be opened or until this glue smell is gone. Granted we might be more sensitive to this than others, however upon arriveing at our next destination we have noticed that all our stuff is permeated by this toxic smell. So beware.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
GoldenEvergreenHotel, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

We appreciate your comments and that you felt that your overall stay at our hotel was quite nice and would recommend our hotel for a future stay. We appreciate your comments that you felt that our rooms were spacious and felt that our breakfast was very good.
We are pleased to say that In the last few months the hotel has undergone several renovations and improvements and in doing so, we have surpassed brand requirements for Choice Hotels International. Unfortunately, periodic renovations and maintenance are necessary and are required in order to provide an exceptional stay for our valued guests.
We are sorry that you were sensitive to the smell of the new vinal wall paper in our guest rooms. As we are very conscientious of the enviornment, we would not allow anything "toxic" to be utilized during our renovation. We certainly would not want to expose any of our guests to unpleasant smells nor would our staff purposely conceal this from any of our guests.
We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

I truly appreciates all the efforts and time provided to me and my company on this business trip to Denver, CO. I've worked with Monica and her staff prior to our arrival and she has helped me in selecting, organizing and preparing the events for my team. She recommended us to great restarants and her customer service skills was excellent! Upon arrival, we are all warmly greeted with gift baskets, our rooms were cleaned and well prepared, our meeting rooms were all set up and coffee were ready for us. All the members were friendly and very helpful. The hotel was very cozy and unique and great hospitality. We had a wonderful team meeting and enjoyed our team buidling event of fly fishing. I would strongly and higly recommend this hotel to anyone that is seeking great customer service and great hospitality. Of most, they really care about their customers!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was so homely and welcoming. I went on a business trip with my team. When we got there they had our room keys ready as well as a goodie bag of chocolates for each of us. Just what we needed after a very early flight in! I went to my room and stumbled upon 2 welcoming basket filled with sweet treats and toiletries one for my roommate and myself. After we settled in we went to our meeting room the hotel had set up for us. A room set up for about 18 of us. Each seat had a notepad and pen with a few chocolates to enjoy. They also set up water and cups in the back for us. Their staff were all so helpful when we needed items like markers and flip charts. They try their best to accommodate to our request and did everything with a smile thus, making me smile! Also, every morning they had a warm breakfast prepared downstairs for us to enjoy and warm fresh baked cookies at night. Coffee and tea was always available in the room as well as the lobby which was nice to wake up to as well as relax to after a long day of meetings or fun. The rooms were spacious as well as clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept peacefully every night. I definitely will stay here again as well as recommend this hotel for both leisure and business trips.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The staff at the Quality Suites were by far the most helpful group I ever met. I stay with Team Canada who were there for the Motocross des Nations motorcycle race. Even when the Team was maybe a little "fun loving" they seemed to enjoy having them there.
I suspect that not much will throw the staff.
Thanks for the wonderful stay
The breakfast was a lot better than average.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2010

A truly nice place to stay on the west side of Denver, away from the traffic hassles. Little tricky to find, however, due to a local sign ordinance that restricts the size of signage allowed. Two suggestions for improvement: (1) Need more luggage carts; (2) Breakfast area needs more attention, and it was very hot (I believe the A/C was off in the breakfast area).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple