“Wedding location headquarters!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Evergreen
Champaign, Illinois
“Wedding location headquarters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was a fantastic location for a family wedding. Comfortable, clean, spacious rooms, many eith balconies and beautiful views, and a decent breakfast. We loved sitting outside on the terrace. The staff was helpful, but unintrusive. They know their stuff. I would definitely recommend it if you want to stay outside of Denver. There are lots of restaurants nearby and the scenery is outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for a view and/or a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here in May for a visit that was planned around two Red Rocks shows. The hotel's convenience and cleanliness are certainly its best qualities, but the rooms were quite nice. Ours had a porch that added a bit of ambiance. The breakfast was standard fare. My only complaint was that the coffee was weaker than it usually is at these places. The staff were very helpful and I felt that this was a good value. Check your charges carefully; we did get a small fee added for the room safe. We did not use this, so the charge was removed.

Room Tip: Consider a room with a porch or patio
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
We do a great deal of business with the many wedding and event venues in our area. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you!
Leawood, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our experience was very good. The hotel is convenient to I-70 and the setting is beautiful. The hotel is newly modeled and very nice. Our room was big and had plenty of room even with two queen beds in. Breakfast was included in price and was sufficient. I cannot remember clearly, but I think the lavatory is not in bathroom but is in entry to room.

Room Tip: Consider a suite on second or third floor with view of valley and mountain in distance. Very scenic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Well they make you pay for this hotel like your going to be on the top of the mountain. It's on the side of the interstate and if you don't have a certain side on the 2nd floor, there is NO view.
The rooms are typical Comfort Suites but with better sitting areas. I did like that they provided two water bottles. The staff was friendly and helpful, but they do charge a few extra bucks for something that not everyone gets in the view.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor on the interstate side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. With respect to our room locations, we have what we refer to as the "view" side, which is the front of the hotel, offering a spectactular panoramic view of the Continental Divide. The back side of the hotel offers a quiet, sunny, treed view, with the occasional elk and deer meandering through. Whether you're on the first, second or third floor, our views and ambience are awe-inspiring. We hope next time you are in our area, we may welcome you again.
Basalt, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at Comfort Suites - Everygreen in May 2012. We arrived very late after a long day traveling & were thankful to find a room for $129.00. At check in - another guest was complaining to the lady working the front desk saying that she & her husband had been coming to the hotel for years & never had a problem - but somehow, this time, the manager had double booked a room & had sent hotel employees into her room to pack up their things & move them out, without even notifiying her. She was quite upset & the lady at the front desk did her best to calm her down. We asked for a quiet room away from the soccer team that seemed to be running around the hallways. We got a quiet room & slept well. The soft bed was wonderful, the room was very clean. Breakfast was your typical chain hotel breakfast - nothing to chose from if you're a health conscious person - but adequate if you just want a bagel, waffle, yogurt or cold cereal. Overpriced for what you get - but so is everything in Evergreen. Would stay there again if necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - away from I-70
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GoldenEvergreenHotel, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay.
I apologize that you were witness to another guest’s unfortunate incident earlier that day. There is a very valid reason why a guest’s belongings are removed from a room. Though this is extremely rare, suffice it to say that there was a private problem with the guest that you encountered and I am sorry that their problem upset you. So that you are aware, there was an amicable resolution between the hotel and that guest.
As you are aware, our rooms are all suites. They are oversized, with full amenities including upscale bedding and a full hot breakfast. With our breakfast we include all of the continental fare as well as three different types of eggs, bacon, sausage, and waffle bar. I hope you had time to enjoy our heated pool and our outdoor hot tub as well. With all of these great amenities, it’s hard to believe that our rates are typically the lowest in the Evergreen area.
I’m so glad that we were able to find you a quiet room and that you found it comfortable and clean. Next time you are at Red Rocks or passing through the area, please allow us to welcome you again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We found this property (Platinum rated) to be the best on our trip. Great room, great view,( including a snowfall) pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, front desk crew, (which were happy to be of service to you) snappy. Great location. We highly recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: call ahead for this one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernard K
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

There aren't a lot of choices of hotels in Evergreen, CO (pretty much just this Comfort Suites, plus several B&Bs). Sometimes monopolies are ok, but in this case, not so much.

First the positives: the location is convenient, the rooms are nice and clean, and there are ample amenities. I was in a 2 queen room, which included 2 TVs, a sofa, 2 easy chairs, a desk and office chair, a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker. The bedding was clean and comfortable. No real issues there.

However, the biggest negative to this (presumably wood-framed) structure is the noise. The walls are incredibly thin, as are the doors and windows. You can hear *everything*. There appeared to be a group of young people (older teens?) staying in the hotel. Somehow, they were given the top floor, and I was in the middle (2nd floor of 3). Suffice to say, a good night's sleep was not to be had. Doors were constantly being opened and closed, seemingly all night long. Footsteps (practically stomping it would seem) could be heard constantly. Water running, at times loud music, as well as some other booming/thumping noise (maybe a bass?). Additionally, as my room looked out over the front toward I-70, traffic noise was very audible. Just people walking around on the floor above me was enough to make the room reverberate and the floors rumble with noise. This not only interrupted my sleep shortly after midnight (more below on that), but it created a constant arhythmic rumbling starting at least as early as 6am.

Speaking of being awoken after midnight... beware the coffee table - it has sharp edges! As noted, loud people in the hallway jarred me awake around 12:30am or so. Jolted out of a deep sleep, it took me a couple minutes to get oriented (I will say this: their blackout curtains are very effective). I then hopped out of bed to answer the call of nature, which I did far too swiftly. I thought that I'd moved the coffee table out of the way, but *wham* I had not, and have the knot on my upper shin to prove it. Thank goodness for the ice machine and a bag in the ice bucket, because - once the wooziness passed - I needed to go fill the bag in order to apply ice to my fresh injury.

The last bit to mention is breakfast. They have a "hot" breakfast, which means they have 2 waffle machines and provide "eggs" and "bacon." I put quotes around those last two because I suspect the "eggs" - which smelled strongly of sulfur - may not be straight from the shell, and the "bacon" was flaccid and tasteless (which is unfortunate, since I really needed something to cover the sulfuric flavor of the "eggs"). They also had a number of cereal choices, etc. - your standard cold breakfast fare. Overall, it was adequate, but just barely. Oh, and they only had ketchup packets, no hot sauce of any sort (this should be a common courtesy, especially when providing MRE-quality "eggs").

So... to summarize... the rooms are nice, but there's almost no sound insulation anywhere, so you will hear everything. I suggest specifically asking for a 3rd floor room to help reduce the noise impact. It may also be worthwhile to request a room that's on the back of the building so that traffic noise from I-70 isn't as noticeable. Don't expect much from breakfast and you won't be disappointed. And, please, beware the furniture as it can be unforgiving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor and on the back of the hotel, away from I-70. Bring your own hot sa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GoldenEvergreenHotel, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see that that there were some positives with your stay but it is unfortunate that there were some not so positive encounters. We try to fulfill all requests. I am not certain if you requested to be on the third floor. With all of our guests at the hotel if at any point they are not happy with their room we will do everything possible to move them into a room that is more conducive to their needs. Once again I am not certain if you requested to be moved. The front of the house which is the side with the amazing view of the continental divide, are very desirable rooms and we very rarely get any noise complaints. I am sorry to hear that room did not work out for you. We are an award winning property and strive to make all of our guests very happy. We are required by our brand to maintain a standard criteria for our breakfast. We have actually gone above what is required including providing packets of salsa. It appears you overlooked them. As much as we try to please everyone, unfortunately, that does not always happen and I do apologize. Please give us the opportunity to welcome you again to our award winning property and we will take all measures necessary to ensure you have an excellent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Courtyard Denver West/Golden
Highland Haven Creekside Inn

Been to Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway? Share your experiences!