“I want to love this place a little bit more than I do. - inconsistent”

Willow Creek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow Creek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Evergreen
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 74
Description: Curtis & Kristopher Lincoln welcome you to Willow Creek Restaurant, overlooking Evergreen Lake in beautiful Evergreen, Colorado.Long-time locals, Curtis and Kristopher realized the tremendous need for a restaurant serving fresh, wholesome food while maintaining an awareness of how resources are harvested. They strive to use sustainable seafood, farms and ranches whenever possible. Willow Creek Restaurant has been created with the entire community in mind. Bring your families, have your meetings, or just meet friends at the restaurant for some great conversation, wonderful food and extensive wine options.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food is usually good here. When it it good, it is great! 80% of the time it is. The price of things demand that the food is good all of the time though. The last time i was there, i waited 1:10 for my food. People that cam in after us,got food well before we did. When we mentioned it to the waiter, he said "well it is Memorial Day." huh? can you say, I am sorry, let me find out, can I buy you a drink? or an apetizer whilst you wait?"
One other time, I ordered off the menu. They took what was on the menu and added the ingredients that I was looking for. (Instead of the flavor I was looking for; mushroom, I got a medley that I wasn't looking for. AND, in the past, they have made the requested dish just as I wished.)
Now, with that said, this restaurant can be awesome. They totally get gluten-free and other dietary needs. Most waitstaff is great. Most of the time, you get what you want, and what you pay for. I want to give 5 stars, but the last two visits the service has been a two star ordeal.

There are newer reviews for Willow Creek Restaurant

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My friend who lives in Denver suggested we eat at Willow Creek prior to our evening activities. Overall, I feel it was a good choice. The view was awesome and the setting was very relaxing. The waiter was eccentric to say the least, but made several good suggestions.

We started out with a cheese plate. This was my only disappointment. It was overpriced for the quantity and quality. Wish we would have chosen the gnocchi instead.

We both chose to get the chilled melon soup. It was delicious and refreshing. A great treat after an afternoon of hiking.

For dinner, I chose one of the daily specials - fried sea bass with home made Italian sausage, new potatoes and seasonal vegetables. It was fantastic.

My friend chose the scallops and enjoyed it very much. I was able to talk him into giving me a small sample and personally thought they were a little over cooked.

I look forward to my next trip to Denver so I can try the Braised Rabbit and/or the Moroccan Style Lamb Filet.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Sit by the fire or on the patio overlooking the lake. Either way the ambiance is warm and inviting.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The food was just okay. I got a pasta (red suace with big noodles) and did not eat it because it was not good. My mom got the crab pasta and it was better, but notheing we would go back for. Our service started out good but by the end I had to take my credit card to the bar to pay because out waiter was just hanging out up there. Beautiful setting though.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We went to Willow Creek for my birthday dinner and it was quite delicious! I enjoyed the beet salad with pecans and goat cheese and for an entree...the Braised Rabbit over spaetzle. My hubby had chicken under a brick, which was the most tenter and flavorful I have ever had. Our server was friendly and talkative, which was also nice. Dinner for 2: an appetizer, 2 salads, 2 entrees, 4 cocktails and a dessert = $105. A STEAL for fabulous food.