“A pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've lived close by this restaurant for several years and was kind of scared away by the mixed reviews online. I had a barbeque craving one afternoon so I thought I'd give it a try. I had the pulled pork sandwich. The meat was tender and quite tasty. The hostess gave me packets of all 4 of their sauces to try. I actually liked the mustard sauce. The others were okay too. It all depends on what you like. I was glad they had choices. I'll definitely go to this restaurant again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank imtedious

Midland, Canada
“Bono's Pit is a place to avoid -”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have traveled all over the western United States tasting bbq and Bono's was the worst bbq experience I have ever had. The bbq sauce that was so so sweet tasted like mustard, the bun was soggy, the blue cheese dressing came in a package and the chicken meat was wretched- a mix of shredded and chopped and I wasn't sure if it was dark, white or a blend. I have never had worse canned green beans- with enormous chunks of onions in a plastic cup. I take the time to taste the sauces that are on the table- the squeeze containers were dirty and I could barely read the labels- The side sauces were all as unpalatable. The french fries were average and the salad was just the same- nothing to write home about - The ribs came dry - no sauce and no side sauce tasted good enough to pour over the ribs. The chopped pork had no bark and tasted gamey and the uneven chunks were not appetizing.
I knew when the delivered the bill, shut the music off, started cleaning and began talking about where they were headed to - it was a place I would never return to. I was totally dissatisfied with the entire dining "experience".

• Visited March 2014
Loveland, Colorado
“average but convenient”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was average but since I did not want to get into the rush hour traffic and I was staying at the Drury I opted for this place.

Visited March 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hit this little gem up for lunch everytime I go out there! Great BBQ, reminds me of home and I believe they are from FL as well. Food is great and service is fast and friendly!

Visited May 2013
Fruita, Colorado
“Pulled Pork is good”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a big fan of pulled pork and do a great one myself. We were staying at the hotel next door - the front desk clerk told us this was a good place to eat and she was right. Portions on pulled pork are good and the variety of sauces to add went from mustard to sweet. The next time we ate there we ventured onto other items and weren't as happy. One person got sausage and didn't get much food, I got catfish and was disappointed to find it battered instead of done in cornmeal (my favorite and more traditional, imho). So, I would say go with the smoked meats (beef, pork, or chicken) for the best bet. I was also surprised that they were out of tea for hot tea and according to the waiter had been for weeks. How hard is it to get a box of tea at the store if you didn't order it? Overall, in an area where restaurants tend to be very pricy or else fast food this is a good in between choice.

• Visited October 2012