“Leadership Offsite”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Leadership Offsite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just want to say that you to Traci and the entire staff at the Inverness. In a short period of time, I was tasked to coordinate a leadership offsite including a group dinner. Managing senior level calendars and international travel schedules can be very challenging. Traci's professionalism, attention to detail, and overall kindness made this process more enjoyable and as painless as possible. The Inverness is my first choice going forward. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Inverness Denver, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Inverness and also for recognizing Traci for her outstanding guest service. It is our absolute pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Dave Larson
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel with my children. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pool area was nice as was the Spotted Dog pub. It is a bit pricey so I probably won't stay here every time I go to Denver...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rangely, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This room was booked for me by my employer, so that I could attend a conference being held at the hotel. Let me say that I did not find many specific faults with this facility. The room was as nice as any mid range hotel. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked fine, the wireless internet presented no problems, and the decor was acceptable. I did find a hair in the sink and a small spot of mold in the shower. Given the condition of the rest of the room I would not normally be that concerned, but this is a premium priced hotel. For close to $200 per night I expect perfection. On top of what I consider to be an exorbitant rate, the hotel seems to find it necessary to charge outrageous prices for any incidental or food item. Breakfast was mediocre at best, yet cost almost twice what the ihop would charge. A draft beer in the bar? Again, twice what the local watering hole down the street gets.

In short, I give this property high marks for the friendliness of the staff and the overall appointments of the room. I do not think that those things overcome the peeling wallpaper and stained carpet in the halls, the poor attention to detail in the cleaning of the bathroom, the sky-high prices of EVERYTHING, or the fact that the hotel assumed it would be ok to add my email address to their mass marketing database without my permission (a major peeve of mine). Again, I've been much more satisfied with numerous Comfort Inns, and even a recent Microtel (at 1/3 the price).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shelby L
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I always love staying here for my birthday or other special getway. This time we took a room with a balcony for the 1st time(I think it was room 2013.) Room was nice as always but the balcony rail was full of pidgeon crap. There was also about 6 cigarette butts out on the balcony floor. Furniture on the balcony was filthy.
The hair dryer also had a very shorrt cord-about 2 feet I guess.

Staff was friendly as in past stays.

The phone headset also didn't work. They now also tap your credit card for $80 when you check in and don't tell you about it for "incidentals". This annoyed me a greatly.
I may have to rethink this place. I see a lot of the same comments in previous reviews.

Fred

Date of stay: 3/2/13

Room Tip: All the rooms in the past have been clean and ready for guests.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred M
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the opportunity of staying 4 days at the Inverness while attending the Lewis/Cormack Wedding in Denver. Each day was great and I had wonderful service each day. We had a huge Rocky Mountain snow storm while there and some of the guests for the wedding stayed longer because of it and one couple arrived earlier than expected. We all felt it was a great place to be snowed in!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dorothy L
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Inverness Denver, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are grateful for your business and are so pleased that your group chose the Inverness for this special occasion. Thank you for commenting on the wonderful service, our team is always thrilled to hear feedback such as this. We are sorry that you were snowed in but I’m happy that we were able to make your stay a comfortable one. We certainly look forward to your return.

Regards,

Dave Larson
Director of Operations
Colorado Springs, Co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wonderful stay. This is a great hotel, and we wished we could have stayed longer. We enjoyed their Sunday Brunch at Garden Terrace. It's pricey, but they had great service and a nice selection. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the hotel in general was very nice. We would love to visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

First Class everything: Location off of I-25, Room layout, Superior, friendly Staff at all levels, bang-for-your-buck quality, totally gorgeous ambience at all levels, best Sunday Brunch (expensive but worth it!) in the United States, excellent "Green" philosophy product delivery, and warm, personable interactions with the Staff.

Room Tip: Be aware of extra charges per night for room requesting by phone
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Downtown
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Hotel Teatro
#18 of 156 in Denver
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,167 reviews

Been to Hilton Inverness Denver? Share your experiences!