“Our stay-cation choice.”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Our stay-cation choice.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Just 30 minutes away from our home- we will often head over to the Inverness for the weekend. The Inverness has an incredible spa, great golf, and stellar brunch. We would gladly recommend the Inverness to both locals for a stay-cation and out of towners for a relaxing Colorado vacation.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 4, 2012

What an unfortunate choice by me, the bride, to pick this hotel as the place for my wedding guests to stay. A member of the hotel staff stole the credit card numbers of several of my guests--INCLUDING my mom's credit card number. What a nightmare. Several of my guests called me to complain about it, which made the week after my wedding really awkward. The hotel never apologized to me, or refunded any of our money. They acted like it was no big deal, just because the victims got their money back. OK, yes, they got their money back--but we all had to deal with our credit card companies, and get new credit cards, not to mention the embarrassment to me. I understand that every hotel might unfortunately hire untrustworthy people. But what kind of hotel doesn't try to make up for a bad situation?

I have told everyone I know never to stay at this hotel. I would advise anyone who is planning for a wedding or a conference (and who therefore will be the person responsible if a group of people get their credit card numbers stolen) to choose another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank karacherith
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you continue to be troubled by the incident which occurred in May of 2010. The computer systems of our parent company were accessed without authorization which compromised private information for our hotel as well as other hotels in the system. This unauthorized access was in violation of both civil and criminal laws. We coordinated with law enforcement, including the FBI, to assist in the investigation and resolution of this incident. We have had no security control breaches of this type since and have no reason to believe any data is or will be at risk. Please allow me to reiterate that this breach was not at the hands of one of our associates. I can certainly understand the frustration and inconvenience you and your family experienced and again, we offer our sincere apologies. I am pleased however, that complete and full recovery was achieved for those involved.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed here numerous times, it's a great hotel whether you are traveling on business, visiting family or like me sneaking away for a girl's weekend. The rooms are beautiful, staff is wonderful, love the fact that they have indoor and outdoor pools. They have also have a small gym which has everything you need for a quick workout. The location is fantastic, close to shopping, restaurants, etc. If you need a hotel in the DTC, Meridian, Inverness area, look at this one first, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Club level rooms are a little extra, but worth the money. Love the upgraded amenities, happy hour, b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are so happy to welcome you back as a guest once again and that you continue to enjoy the experience, our team and the facility. We have five restaurants, 3 bars and an amazing spa, ideal for your next “girls weekends”. Thank you for your continued support of The Inverness Hotel and we look forward to your return.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We checked into the Inverness Resort last Friday evening after traveling across the country. It was 45 degrees outside and we definitely had the heat on in the car. When we checked in it was cold in the halls and lobby, and our room was set at a cold 65 degrees. We turned the heat up to 80 to get the room warm to no avail. Maintenance came up and told us that it would be warm in 30 minutes after he played around with the thermostat in our room. Fast forward 45 freezing minutes-I was under covers with a down vest on while cold air continued to stream in and maintenance man #2 told us that there is no heat in the hotel because it was still summer (mid-October?) and the hotel system didn't switch over yet. The bathroom floor was ice cold and he brought a space heater to the room. Any hotel with a bevy of space heaters has a problem. We checked out within 2 hours and found a lovely warm hotel at 12:45 at night. What a nightmare-the only positive was that they didn't try to charge us for the lousy frigid 2 hrs we were there. Even employees at the desk were cold. Antiquated systems and old western style furnishings....I would never stay or book there again.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank paint1868
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Please forgive us for failing to provide you with a comfortable environment while you were here. There is no excuse for our inability to get your room to the proper temperature. I assure you that this is an isolated incident and I apologize for the inconsistent message communicated to you by our team. I am pleased however, that we were able to reach you subsequent to your departure and that an appropriate recovery has been established. I am confident your return visit will be a fantastic one.

nyc
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inverness while visiting our son in Denver and we would highly recommend this lovely location for anyone. We arrived around 6pm, check in was exceptional. Our room was lovely and we were delighted that we were given an upgrade since the hotel seemed to be very busy. Our room was simply amazing with gorgeous views and everything necessary for a relaxing, delightful evening. We also enjoyed a delicious meal and the same exceptional service that we encoutered at check in continued in the restaurant. While traveling for business or pleasure, I love to be treated special, so special that I forget I am paying for the service. Although I do love the downtown Denver hotels, the Invernes is one of the best kept secrets and I look forward to another opportunity to enjoy this complex. While we were there, the Junior League of Denver was having their holiday sale, I assume a fund raiser which was super. They were very wise to select such a great place to exhibit.
This hotel is a great value....exceptional quality for a reasonable price. If you are planning a trip to this area and have some time do sign up for their newsletter and specials which is how we received the room upgrade. We will certainly return to this great spot!

Room Tip: Sign up for newsletters and specials.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford Hills, New York, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Better than average hotel for your group meeting. Rooms are nice, staff is accommodating and the overall ambiance is superior to standard hotels. Food is better quality and the rooms are superior to many of the better chains. I'm happy my clients ask me to speak at this hotel twice a year. It's a treat. The snacks during our breaks are sinful and keep the attendees happy.

Room Tip: It could be a long walk to the elevator from some rooms but ALL of them are quiet. Ask for a golf s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Inverness is a hidden gem. I was very surprised during my recent stay which was for business. Room was great and the restaurant choices are excellent. They have a full gift shop as well. It is very close to a huge shopping mall with many, many stores and restaurants. I had a great view of the golf course. My room rate was very reasonable.

Room Tip: I had a golf course view room which had no outside noise though based on the location I would say th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Downtown
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Hotel Teatro
#19 of 157 in Denver
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,183 reviews

Been to Hilton Denver Inverness? Share your experiences!