“Go to Red Rocks” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Concerts of rock, jazz, classical, and country music.
Denver, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Go to Red Rocks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I attend 5-10 concerts a year in CO & avoid Fiddler's Green, or whatever its called currently, like the plague! While the website says there is free parking included in your ticket, we couldn't find it anywhere & I specifically looked for it on the website. My friends finally begged me to park & they paid $20 for the dirt lot. You can't bring in ANY food or drink & their prices are higher than similar venues. We were sitting in section 203, a row off the boxed seat area so the waiter asked us if we wanted to order anything so we ordered another bottle of the wine we had ordered at the outside concession for $32. When he returned, 45 minutes later, he told us the cost was $45! We protested & he told us that was what they charged to provide the wait service. Ridiculous! Our concert started at 5p & it was BLAZING hot in all but the first 50 rows so there were crowds of us standing at the opening trying to stay cool until the clouds blocked the sun. The sound isn't bad but there is a hard stop @ 10:30p since the theatre is now surrounded by condos in & among all the office buildings. The other interesting aspect is that there were tons of police & security everywhere! And this was a Bob Dylan ho-hum concert! And pot is legal now! Go to Red Rocks...no parking fee, you can bring in your own food & any plastic sealed non-alcoholic beverages. Red Rocks is the best concert venue in the world!

Longmont, Colorado
“beware of bathrooms..... and rain”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

we almost got rained out. tickets where soaked, everything was just soaked. to no avail, we tried to get out of the rain some. however, everyone was trying to jam into the passageways and bathrooms. also, people where smoking in the bathroom during this. I advise to always laminate your ticket, as some people did not get back in after they left, bring a full head to two rain poncho, but not an umbrella (staff took them away).

Visited August 2013
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as terrible as reviews suggest...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Let's get the bad out of the way first - it has the feel of a prison camp located in the middle of a business park, and the bathrooms are utterly atrocious (think peeing in an alley, only less elegant).

Once you get past that, it's not that bad of a venue. Honestly. The sound was good - I had no issues hearing the artists from the lawn, although sightlines aren't exactly perfect. The beer was overpriced, but they actually had a pretty damn good variety. Odell's, Oskar Blues and Bud products along with wine and mixed drinks. You can bring in your own food - sandwiches, snacks, etc. Parking can be an issue, but if you're willing to get there a bit early and walk, you can easily park for free. If not, pay 10 or 15 bucks and get in the venue a little quicker.

1 Thank scottyh782
Centennial, Colorado
“Bad concert experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived to drop off my niece and was given three different answers about the ability for her to bring in her Camel Back. Then I checked out parking...it was open and ready for me. Living close by, I went home and came back. However,30 minutes later, roads were blocked. I finally get to the free parking structure and now they tell me that it will be closed until 5 PM. The time the show begins! After waiting until 5, I'm then told that the lot will not open until 5:30. So, I missed the first act. Ryan Bingham. (I wonder if he was any good). Once I get in Irequest a beer...$9 for a luke-warm 12 ounce beverage. What a rip off. Unfortunately, this is par for the course at this venue.

Denver, Co
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sterile concrete environment and poor sound”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stopped attending concerts at this venue due to the very poor sound quality that is consistent in this venue. We are lucky in the Denver area that we have numerous exceptional concert venues and so this venue does not attract my business.

Visited August 2012