“Bad concert experience”

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Concerts of rock, jazz, classical, and country music.
Centennial, Colorado
“Bad concert experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived to drop off my niece and was given three different answers about the ability for her to bring in her Camel Back. Then I checked out parking...it was open and ready for me. Living close by, I went home and came back. However,30 minutes later, roads were blocked. I finally get to the free parking structure and now they tell me that it will be closed until 5 PM. The time the show begins! After waiting until 5, I'm then told that the lot will not open until 5:30. So, I missed the first act. Ryan Bingham. (I wonder if he was any good). Once I get in Irequest a beer...$9 for a luke-warm 12 ounce beverage. What a rip off. Unfortunately, this is par for the course at this venue.

Denver, Co
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sterile concrete environment and poor sound”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stopped attending concerts at this venue due to the very poor sound quality that is consistent in this venue. We are lucky in the Denver area that we have numerous exceptional concert venues and so this venue does not attract my business.

Visited August 2012
Englewood, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fids is a fun place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fiddlers green is a fun place to catch a show, not the least expensive venue in Denver nor does it compete with Red Rocks on any level, it is still a good venue to catch a show.

1 Thank eelco28
Englewood, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not Fiddler's Green”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The name of this venue has been changed. I have only attended a few concerts there. Parking can be a problem.

Visited August 2012
Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Terrible Venue for Great Entertainers”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Venue is big and probably the only reason groups come through there is because of how many tickets they can sell. We went to Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty show last night and honestly the sound was so bad we could carry on a conversation even with the music playing.

We had lawn seats which we knew were far from the stage but we were okay with that. The city ordinances prevent the music from being too loud. Just makes the sound awful. If you do have lawn seats I recommend you get there just as doors open so that you can get a closer seat. The lawn is vast and people jockey for space. If your late, you will likely crowd in with someone - view might not be great.

Groups also have to stop playing right at 10:30pm. Drinks are very expensive and not many vendors take credit cards. Parking is $20 to park close.

1 Thank MeGolf2