“Swordfish Special - worth going back for” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quebec and Arapahoe
Lone Tree
“Swordfish Special - worth going back for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

It was my good fortune that one of the specials was a 6 pepper (like blackening) pan-seared FRESH swordfish with some citric trimmings. Did i say the fish was FRESH...! I can't wait until they email me that they'll be having it again (not a regular on their menu). Probably the best swordfish I can remember having. I think the other 3 dinners served at our table were pretty good too (plates left the table completely empty) but I was too busy enjoying my swordfish.

Denver
“Beyond Rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I had a reservation for a party of eight for Saturday night, February 27. I was dining at the restaurant two weeks prior and spoke to the owner about obtaining the private room as we had a family celebration. She reserved the room that night (two weeks prior) and I called a few days before our reservation to confirm our numbers. When we got there the owner told us she gave the private room to somebody else. She said she "didn't think it was a big deal" and she would have a table for us in the main dining room in 20 minutes. When I asked her how she could do that she said she didn't "think it was important." I wrote a letter the next day and told them how that ruined my evening, and she wrote back and told me I was rude. I will not be dining there again!!

3 Thank valentine14Denver
Denver Colorado
“Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

My wife and I waited 30 minutes on a cold Saturday night for a table for 2 as we made the mistake of not making a reservation (our first visit). The place was packed. We were just about to leave when the host (owner?) led us to a booth and handed us two glasses of prosecco and apologized for the wait. The meal that followed was probably in the TOP FIVE OF MY LIFE. We split an appetizer of seared jumbo scallops that tasted like sweet ocean butter. My wife had a basic cesar salad but they serve the romain hearts whole with a little bacon and the white anchovies that I love. I had steamed mussels in some kind of garlicky-sherry jus with lots of green onion that were good. It kept coming. We split an entree of Colorado stripped bass over white polenta with a wild mushroom ragout. I think I even tasted a hint of truffle. It was so good and the fish tasted very fresh. For dessert my wife had a raspberry bread pudding with a homemade peach gelato and I had a chocolate cake thing that was so rich (I finished it for breakfast). Killer Italian style food with good service to boot. Definately going back!

2 Thank kingminus
denver
“3 strikes your out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

Used to have good food but after 3 tries in the last year I am not going back. Known for its cheese appetizer "cheesecake" it came out dry and flavorless. WE had a party of 6 and only one person thought there dish was good. The pastas were overcooked which maybe explained the 60 minute wait until our dinner actually arrived. When we questioned the slow service, the owner came over and rudely told us it was because we had such a big party.... Anyway overall a very disappointing night out once again. Too bad because we live in the neighborhood and was a convenient location for us.

3 Thank kimmisue
denver
“Amazing amazing amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

This place has got to be not only the BEST ITALIAN food in denver (forget barolo grill and luca di italia this is the place) but one of the best restaurants I have ever been to in the US. The housemade Baked ricotta cheese is to die for it is topped with slow cooked tomatoes and garlic over grilled bread . And you can never go wrong with the fresh fish specials. The young Chef Samir is really a treat to talk to he is so passionette about what he does and he is proud to let you know that everything is housemade from the boursin on the spinach salad to the blueberry coffeecake gelato and he was happy to share his recipe for homemade ricotta cheese. It is located in Centennial a little tough to find but well worth it!

3 Thank winobabe