“Our New Favorite Restaurant!”
Review of Pesce Fresco - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quebec and Arapahoe
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Wow! What can I say! From the unbelievable atmosphere, to the very attentive wait staff, to the awesome presentation and preparation of the food...this is a place NOT to be missed! You will be just like us, and come back again and again and again!!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We went with our 1 year old son and another couple and their child. When I called to make the reservation I let them know that we were bringing two children and they said that they were more than welcome. However when we arrived they were less than pleased and made us feel very unwelcome because of the children, who were very good and quiet the entire time. We told the waitress that we each had a deal before we ordered and asked if we could please have separate checks. After we each paid and left the restaurant we chatted for a few minutes outside before getting in our cars. A woman came out and started yelling at us saying that we stole from her. At first we were very confused as we didn't know who she was, or what she could possibly be talking about. She then turned her anger toward our friend accusing him of sneaking in his deal in his bill and running out the restaurant to avoid paying what he really owed. Both of us paid the full amount as well as tipped 15% on the total bill before the deal was taken off. She yelled and accused a little longer before heading back inside. We considered the confrontation over and talked for about another minute by our cars trying to get over the shock. I was putting my son int he car when a man came out yelling saying that he was calling the police because we stole from him. In addition to this accusation being completely ridiculous he was doing it in front of a crowd of people who were trying to enter the restaurant. He started writing down our license plates, and his voice was raised even more. I was afraid for myself and my child.
In addition to the wait staff being extremely unfriendly, the shrimp dish has left my husband feeling very ill since we arrived home. I ordered the potato leek soup and a spinach salad. No where on the menu was the soup listed as chilled. The first spoonfull was off-putting and didn't really seem to get better. The portions although small had great presentation, but the flavor profile was off no way justified the sticker price. All in all I would say that it was the worst dinng experience that I have ever had.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

A group of 8 went to Pesce Fresco just this past weekend for 5280. It's true - the place is a little hidden and resides in a strip mall type area, but it is great! Truly dee-lish.

I started with the calamari and the other half of my "couple" chose the gorgonzola cheesecake. Hello, yum! The calamari was decent and the pesto aioli served with it was great, but the savory cheesecake was THE BEST. Wonderful texture and taste - not too overpowering.

Onto the entree - I chose the lobster ravioli while the other half selected the Zuppa Di Pesce (seafood stew in a tomato broth w/ pasta) and again he beat me! The lobster ravioli was way more lobster than pasta (bonus) and super tasty, but the Zuppa just had a little more...something.

And now on to dessert - there was a chocolate torte and of course, tiramisu. The torte was rich and delicious. The tiramisu was some of the best I have ever had. Usually I'm turned off by the mushy-ness of the dish - I like the flavor, but not so much the texture. But at Pesce the tiramisu was light and flavorful and the ladyfingers weren't absolutely soaked so you actually got a little crunch and variety with each bite.

Also, the staff was amazing - attentive, knowledgeable and thoughtful.
The wine prices (for 5280) were quite reasonable. Little pricey on the normal menu, but HATE paying $40 for a bottle of wine I know I can get for $15 so I'm a little biased there.

1  Thank writegirl7
Reviewed March 22, 2010

It was my good fortune that one of the specials was a 6 pepper (like blackening) pan-seared FRESH swordfish with some citric trimmings. Did i say the fish was FRESH...! I can't wait until they email me that they'll be having it again (not a regular on their menu). Probably the best swordfish I can remember having. I think the other 3 dinners served at our table were pretty good too (plates left the table completely empty) but I was too busy enjoying my swordfish.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I had a reservation for a party of eight for Saturday night, February 27. I was dining at the restaurant two weeks prior and spoke to the owner about obtaining the private room as we had a family celebration. She reserved the room that night (two weeks prior) and I called a few days before our reservation to confirm our numbers. When we got there the owner told us she gave the private room to somebody else. She said she "didn't think it was a big deal" and she would have a table for us in the main dining room in 20 minutes. When I asked her how she could do that she said she didn't "think it was important." I wrote a letter the next day and told them how that ruined my evening, and she wrote back and told me I was rude. I will not be dining there again!!

3  Thank valentine14Denver