“Love This Place”

Ranked #88 of 185 Restaurants in Englewood
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Love This Place”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I used to live in the Denver area and Black Eyed Pea was always one of my favorite places to eat. I don't understand the negative reviews as this restaurant chain has always advertised the fact that they serve comfort foods. It was clean and comfortable and very welcoming. Our server Jake was terrific! His demeanor was warm, kind and very professional. The food we ordered was perfectly prepared and delicious. I would not hesitate to eat here again and would highly recommend it to my friends.

• Visited September 2013

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Food pretty good; very basic, a large menu, but not particularly imaginative”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our service was prompt. We were disappointed that although wine was featured at the entrance to the restaurant, there was only one choice available, their house wine. The menu offered many tasty vegetables, always a favorite for me. If you like pot roast, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and the like, you'll probably like it here

• Visited December 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“These places are as old as they smell”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Thought we would try another BEP just to make sure if we would come back again or not. I think not. My first impression was Joe the waiter who was so jived up I thought he may have had too much caffiene this morning. Then the smell of a cloth that they obviously wiped all tables with that made a smell of mold and old, yuk for the appetite. The place just smells like it all needs to be taken apart and sanitized. I ordered the cream of broccoli soup and it had a good flavor but huge pieces of broccoli. What happened to the nice basket of warm corn bread loaves? I got 2 semi-warm hockey puck style muffins that were dry, the honey butter helped only somewhat. Husband ordered the BBQ beef sandwich with onion rings. The onion rings were the best part of our meal, they were thick and moist and bit off perfectly in your mouth. The sandwich though, husband said was mediocre, not great and he said, "Babby Ray's or Hienze sauce out of a bottle would have been better than whatever was on this sandwich". This was not a good experience, fast food, okay service, but not warm the belly good.

• Visited December 2011

Been to Black-eyed Pea? Share your experiences!