“Ignore the forlorn stares from the fish tank!”
Review of Hoong's Palace

Hoong's Palace
Ranked #21 of 200 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hoong's is where it's at! I go there about every two weeks and get the Sesame Chicken. Thankfully, you don't have to select your chicken live from a coop for preparation. One day I witnessed a 10-year-old boy pointing to an aquarium containing dozens of crabs and lobsters with the farewell of "you're going to die... and you're going to die...an you're going to die...and you...and you...and you..." on his way out of the restaurant. The crabs' and lobsters' little beady eyes stared back in reserved acceptance. I couldn't handle that look from a chicken. The waitstaff are generally very polite, and you get appetizers and a slice of orange with your meal. The orange isn't fried, so I don't eat it. But maybe I should rethink that because I have been feeling spotty and malaise-y, which is a sure sign of scurvy.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Good not great chinese. Stable and have been there several times.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Whenever my husband and I go to Denver, this Chinese place is a MUST. Great location, reasonably priced and friendly service. The food is always fresh and prepared in a very clean atmosphere. It's not a franchise chain and has it's own personal touch to the Chinese food industry which is why I recommend it. You will truly enjoy it!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We knew when we walked in the door and saw a number of Asian diners that we probably were going to have really good food! we were right! The food was delicious, you could pick seafood right from the tank, and the portions were large enough that I had 3 lunches on the leftovers from my dinner serving. My husband had two lunches from his leftovers and we were not eating skimpily!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Ate dinner here Sunday night--first time here in a long time. Large place, near Hwy 25, Wal-Mart, Outback, Burger King, etc. Large American Chinese menu with many vegetarian options. Food is not exotic, adventurous, or exciting, but reliably good. Lots of families w/kids. Scallion pancake appetizer was sort of bland and greasy, but sesame tofu was tasty. Needed a few vegetables with it. Good, basic suburban Amerian family Chinese place.