“Great steak”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 189 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chester Street by the Centennial Promenade
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a great meal, second time I have been here, the portions are very generous so be ready for having your unfinished meal boxed to go. It is quite busy but staff managed to give a good service.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently visited J Alexander's with some family members that were visiting from out of town. Although I had seen it many times I had never actually tried it until this time. I went for lunch and we were immediately seated. The lunch menu was pretty diverse with food ranging from fish tacos to steaks. We ordered the Artichoke appetizer which was delicious and I had the Yellowtail fish taco's for lunch. They were great. I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Came here twice, once had an average experience, second time a terrible one, so on average I would rate it as poor. The service both times was below par, we actually ended up with the same server both times, unluckily. I guess he thought he was being professional, but in fact he was extremely arrogant and stuck up. Atmosphere left much to be desired. So you would think the food would make up for it - not a bit of it! Over priced for pretty average food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had enjoyed a J Alexander's restaurant in Florida when we lived there, and didn't even realize they were a chain. We discovered this one by accident, and decided to take a chance. I'm so glad we did! The atmosphere was quiet, comfortable and privately dark, and the service was excellent. The prices were excellent, $11 for the biggest and best veggie burgers my husband and myself ever had. We were allowed to substitute at no charge a vegetable (huge portions of either spaghetti squash for my husband and broccoli perfectly done and delicious for me) instead of the accompanying fries. Even the bun was delicious. It is a tiny place hidden away almost under I-25 in the Centennial shopping center which also has REI, Ross and other stores, but it is well worth the trouble to find it.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our family came here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Waitress was friendly and attentive;
guacamole appetizer was excellent, but main dishes for my wife, youngest daughter and
grandson left them with diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps. Three different dishes, but with similar gastro-intestinal results. Management's response to our complaint the next day
was curt and non-sympathetic. A nice restaurant in many ways, but will not see our business
again. After spending $250.00 and some change, was disappointed in their unwillingness
to excercise some diplomatic customer service.

1  Thank Jim H

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!