“What happened?”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 186 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chester Street by the Centennial Promenade
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It use to be that I looked forward to dinner at J's. Now I will never go back. I've been a faithful patron for over 10 years. I would routinely take family and business guess there. Now the place is a taco and hamburger joint with little flair and much disappointment. The portions if you haven't notice are smaller and barely adequate. The service now is in tune with McDonalds who also sells hamburgers. Who ever made the change it was all about ruining a truly great restaurant. Mission accomplished!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love the place, good wine list, best chocolate cake ever and the salads and filet minong are awsome

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went with a large group, and I've NEVER had such great, professional service. A great variety of food, not just the boring 'same ol'...and all of it was excellent! A bit expensive, but then I wasn't paying.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

J. Alexander's is part of a chain, but oh, what a chain it is. This J.'s is the only J.'s I've ever eaten at so I don't know about the rest of the chain, but this one has wonderful food, a very nice atmosphere and great service. Prime rib doesn't get any better than what is on offer here. The tuna streak is fabulous. The mac 'n cheese is out-of-this-world. The carrot cake is indescribably good, and so is the key lime pie. It's quite a bit pricier than the Applebee's and other chains, but the quality is vastly superior.

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Impressive... It was our first trip & we'll be back! The Prime Rib was some of the best I've had. My wife had the scallops they we're first class too! Great drinks, service, & I have to mention the carrot cake, my all time favorite. Served warm, with warm creamy frosting, all of my friends agree that this dessert is the perfect end to a great dinner as well. The carrot cake is simply to not be missed.

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!