“Good Happy Hour Meal”

Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 191 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Marco's Coal Fired Pizza is proud to be the only pizzeria in the state of Colorado to receive the coveted VPN certification. This certification requires strict adherence to the culinary discipline of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN). Come taste our efforts and see if we do not have you dreaming of warm Neapolitan nights, no passport required!
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I checked out Marco's because it was just down the street from my hotel where I was staying. I got there at the start of Happy Hour and was able to take advantage of their Happy Hour specials both with food and drinks.

The Happy Hour menu provides some great value's when it comes to appetizers and pizza for a meal. Most food items are around five dollars and you receive a generous portion. I ordered a pizza with some extra toppings and decided to try one of their meatball sliders. The pizza itself was enough to eat. The pizza itself was excellent. Thin crust with a tasty sauce. A good amount of quality toppings lends itself as a great pizza. The coal fire oven adds to the overall goodness of the pizza. The meatball slider came on a garlic mini-bun and a side of marinara sauce. The meatball was very good as was the bun and sauce.

The Happy Hour did feature wine and beer on special. The price was good. The only negative was there is not much variety as to what is on special. One red wine was on special and only two microbrew beers were on special. I personally would like a little more variety to choose from.

Most of the staff was very friendly. I sat at the bar the entire meal and felt ignored by the bar tender. He seemed to pay attention to some local friends and a couple of regulars more than equally attending others at the bar. I had finished my pizza and at the end of the meal he brings out my appetizer. He completely forgot that I ordered an appetizer and someone else brought out my pizza for me. The bartender was the only real negative experience I had a Marco's.

The restaurant and atmosphere and great. My meal and time there was enjoyable (minus the part I mentioned above). For pizza, Marco's offers a nice change from the pizza chains most frequently dine at.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Marco's is a few miles from my home. My kids decided they would take me there for my birthday. It is a great family restaurant. The pizza is wonderful and the service is great. We have been there several times before and I figured it was time to write a review. Try it out for a fun time. They have a wide selection of pizzas. This is not like a Pizza Hut, so don't expect cheap food, instead expect quality food.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Definitely try the Sicilian pizza. Awesome beer. Get the Nutella nuggets for dessert. They were hot and incredibly good.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise with wonderful pizzas. We had a great salad also. They do a brisk lunch service so make a reservation. Sorry, but we didn't try anything else.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Perhaps it they spend more time making sure the food was done more to our liking, or done at all, I might have liked it. As it was our pizza was cold in the middle and just not that great. They were to impressed telling how they made it and with what flour and adding different ingredients to be hip I suppose. There isn't really much atmosphere and everything overpriced. There has to be better.