“Spacious Quiet Room and GREAT Manager”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Manager went out her way to accommodate us during an oncoming winter storm. Our room was excellent price and very large. Great TV, kitchen and bathroom. When we first arrived there were some questionable people in parking lot but they soon left. People staying there were friendly. We enjoyed the coffee in the room as well. There is a IHOP almost directly across the street along with other grocery stores and restaurants just down the street.

Grab and go breakfast was nice. Muffins were fresh along with the coffee. There were kids staying there but we didn't even know they were there.

Room Tip: It was quiet, we had a room at the back side of hotel .
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you truly enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. I am so glad that we were provided you with such good service and that we were able to accommodate you during one of our winter storms.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked this hotel through our time share since we had some points left and were visiting family for Thanksgiving. The description on their website looked like what we needed. It listed a fully equipped kitchen, cooking utensils, dishes, free breakfast etc…

On check in, we were greeted by Griselda sporting a fruit of the loom t-shirt. After figuring out that the hotel had to direct bill my time share, I had to initial a form in so many places that I lost track. Basically, the form was informing me of everything that I would be charged for if I didn't follow the rules. One of those rules was no smoking in the room or I would be charged $150. I found this extremely ironic once I walked into the room and was hit with such a stench of cigarette smoke that I had to call front desk and tell them that I don't smoke and this place stinks, and I don't want to be charged. I was told simply not to worry.

The room (besides smelling like cigarette smoke) was small, with a queen bed and a sofa sleeper for my 11-yr old to use. The couch portion of the sleeper had white stains all over it (see photos). Disgusting. It was late so we pulled the bed out only to find the mattress still wrapped in plastic! We unwrapped the mattress and quickly realized that there were no additional sheets anywhere in the room. I trekked back down to Griselda at the front desk and she was able to cobble together a couple of sheets and a thin blanket but said everything else was dirty. Upon inspecting the main bed, we found stains on the blanket that looked like blood. I've attached a photo of that as well, so you can make up your own mind.

After finally getting some semblance of a sleeping situation for my daughter, we decided we'd cook up a quick late night dinner with some groceries we picked up. We found out that a "fully equipped kitchen" means one pan, one dinner plate, and mis-matched silverware. We flipped a coin for who got the plate. My daughter won, so she pulled out the cheap metal bar stools in the kitchen and proceeded to eat. Besides the lack of dinnerware, there were no paper towels, dishwasher, nor any dish washing liquid to clean the dishes (although they will charge you to wash your dishes according to their pamphlets in the room), no shampoo or conditioner in the bath, and two bars of soap for the whole unit. The towels in the bathroom were smaller, thinner, and rougher than those at my gym!

Of course, since there is no scheduled cleaning you have to carry out your own trash. When I went to the "trash room" which was next to our room, I opened the door and was greeted with piles of trash just thrown into the room as the only bins in the room were overflowing with debris (see the picture). The stench was absolutely overwhelming. I have no doubt this was some sort of health code violation and I can only imagine the insects and pests this was attracting.

We didn't try the free grab and go breakfast because my 11-yr old said if the breakfast was as bad and dirty as this hotel she was afraid she would get sick. I have to say in my decades of traveling, this is the worst place I have ever encountered, hands down. Management is clearly cost cutting and not putting anything back into the hotel to maintain its upkeep and guests are paying the price. It's an Extended Stay, but my advice is limit your stay or better yet avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KevandKaren
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that your room was unclean upon arrival, had a smoke odor and was not stocked properly. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you our staff is deep cleaning your room, has eliminated the smell and is providing it with the proper amount of dinnerware for future guests to use. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature, so we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to it moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 303.858.0292 or at DVT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My room is clean and well equipped. The separate kitchen in my room is so much more convenient than the rooms I've had with a smaller kitchenette. When one spends their life between hotels for work, finding someplace that feels at least slightly like home is difficult, but the staff here does their best. Have been staying in this location for near 5 months now, and have yet to have a bad experience. Angela is wonderfully helpful and goes out of her way to make sure I have everything they can provide to assist in making my stay comfortable. Even things that are special requests above and beyond their normal service are taken care of nearly as soon as I ask. Would definitely choose this location again if work let me choose where I stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Ian - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service our staff provided, especially Angela. I will be sure that she sees this review and is recognized for making our guests feel more at home.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This location is good. The staff is friendly and the property is well maintained. The only negative is that the fruit for the morning breakfast is not too good.

Make sure you choose the correct Denver Tech South location over the North location. The North location is BAD! The South location is GOOD! I stayed at both.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank themrasw
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such kind things about our hotel and the service our staff provided. Please accept our apologies that the fruit on our grab-and-go breakfast bar did not meet your expectations. Still we are happy to know that you are able to enjoy the other items and that overall your experience has been a positive one!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm having to stay in Denver for an extended amount of time for some minor medical procedures. Although the staff was pleasant, when I walked into this "hotel" I should have walked right out. The place was messy with broken cupboards behind the front desk. When I arrived to my room, there were crumbs and burn marks on the countertop and a non working air conditioner. Had it only been for a night, it could have been decent, but as for comfort, find yourself somewhere else to go! This was absolutely not what it's advertising online.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tiffany S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Tiffany - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you felt the hotel cleanliness did not meet your standards. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is readjusting the cabinet drawer in the front desk area and I have made housekeeping aware of what was found in the room you checked into. Both housekeeping, front desk and management staff has been made aware so that we can make sure we are not missing these things as well when we are inspecting the rooms. I am sorry that you did not get a chance to stay with us and we hope that in the near future we have a hotel in the area that you need to be in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DVT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I moved into this property for a short time but while on my stay I felt so much at home. The employees were GREAT! I always felt like if I needed anything at all they were their to help. Angela one of the main employees was FANTASTIC, always their to smile and say hi, always always in a good mood. of a night Jordan employee as well as Angela was great! Always nice and polite and professional. Will be stay here every time work takes us to Denver. Awesome place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt right at home. Angela is definitely driven by customer service and meeting guest needs, as is Jordan. Please know that I will pass along your kind words to them both. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This certain branch of the Extended Stay Family has been fantastic!!!! Im not sure there's even enough room in this review box to explain how wonderful the staff, the rooms, the treatment of guests is here, always the treatment of our pet! My partner is a travel nurse so Extended Stays have been our home away from for sometime, previously staying at another Extended Stay which in my opinion doesn't even deserve to have the word " Extended" in their name. Denver Tech Center South is the place you want to stay!!! Sara is a godsend to the manager's I've dealt with at my previous stays at these chains in Colorado. Another fabulous employee I would love to mention in angela, such a amazing worker, never attitude always always polite, always always making sure we had everything we need in our room and are content. Even watching her with other guest she as well as SARA have true compassionate regards to their guest and I for one will always choose to stay here in returning to Denver.

Room Tip: all and I do mean all the rooms here are what you expect when you spend your hard earned money...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad that you had a good stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#4 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South? Share your experiences!