“You get what you pay for”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Jackson, Michigan, United States
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this Hotel Room through a discount website. Let me say this is the first time I have had a bad experience with booking this way.

I was supposed to be in a non-smoking room. When I opened the door, the smell hit me. As someone who uses an inhaler, this was not my ideal room. However, since I arrived at 11:00 P.M. Monday, only slept in the room, was in town less than 36 hours, I did not ask them to change my room.

I did let them know, when I checked out, they blamed it on a new housekeeping person. Seriously, there were burn marks in the bathroom flooring and the bed dust cover.

I will continue to use the discount website, since this was my only bad experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marc D
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Tech Center South.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Its clean, good loction but for extended stays, not a good choice. If you must work from your laptop the connection is very poor. I have spent roughly 1.5 hours a week calling tec support to resolve. I gave up and headed to the coffe shop! Oh they do advertise it is FREE HI SPEED INTERNET. Also. THEY LOST MY MAIL !! I had a package sent here expidited service, cost me over $100, postal shows it was delivered. Staff well, they say they dont have it ! Very upset!
The mattress is very old and stained and very uncomfortable. The pool is always closed as well. Staff are on their cells dealing with personal calls. I didnt care to hear about someone going to jail as it was a loud conversation by the desk clerk. After that I tried to stay away from the desk.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room if you are extended stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TammyRenaud
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We regard a consistent, dependable Internet experience as crucial for our guests, who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. I apologize if you were inconvenienced while utilizing our internet; however, we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

As well, our housekeeping staff is trained in proper cleaning and inspection processes. We take pride in ensuring our guests receive their rooms in a clean and timely fashion. It seems that there was a breakdown in this during your stay, and because of that, I have personally spoken to our staff and reviewed company standards.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other of our brand locations in the future.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Location, Location, Location! Great area of town. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel.  Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure.  My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

florida
Reviewed June 19, 2011

got a great deal on this hotel. came with a kitchenette pretty clean, easy to find, right near a gas station and fast food places and about 15 minutes from downtown denver and 5 mintues away from the university

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Previously for few times I stayed in Extended Hotl and they were good enough. But this hotel was horrible. First of all ther was no fencing which made the hotel insecured. Secondly the room was not good at all. AC was not working. No concept of room service. I will never stay there and I am not recommending anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank surajitsaha2005
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Slotted for a 12 night stay. Had to clean my own room to try to eliminate odor. Everything was dirty and bedding was horrible.

After 2 nights I elected to leave and asked for a refund on the other 10 nights that were Prepaid. They refused to give me a credit. I should have requested 100% refund but tried to be reasonable as I just wanted to get out.

In the end, I stayed in another hotel and paid for 10 rooms twice.

What ever you do, avoid this hotel at all costs. It is worth it to stay at a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
kearney ne
Reviewed October 30, 2010

My husband usually stays here when he has to travel to take his classes at golden gate seminary in Denver. It is very close and it is pretty cheap. It is in a nice neighborhood and the rooms are clean. You do have to pay for internet service though so keep that in mind.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Greenwood Village
Extended Stay America - Denver -...
#11 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South? Share your experiences!