Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Orem, Utah
“Great!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Everything about our stay here was positive. The property was clean and well maintained. The front desk employee was friendly and made us feel welcome. We were not planning on taking advantage of the breakfast in the morning, but she made it sound like it was something we did not want to pass up. Our room was clean, and in a corner of the motel that was quiet. The bed was sufficient, but still a little soft for my taste.

The breakfast was indeed nice. It was fun to have the automatic pancake maker, a nice change from the Belgian waffle makers that most every one else has. The biscuits & gravy were tasty, along with the sausage links. This is a "come back" place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here in late July. The rooms are very pleasant. Nice comfy beds with a sitting area. Really could not ask for more. The complimentary breakfast did the job. The pool and fitness areas are nice.

We needed to store a seat from our van for a tad over 10 days to get all of our gear and Boy Scouts into the van. The hotel staff was more than willing to accommodate out rather odd request. When we returned to retrieve our seat, we were treated to fresh baked cookies! Jason who was on duty could not have been more accommodating as we also needed to change for our flight home.

I have stayed in many hotels but have not found many where staff are as customer centric as they are at this hotel. I know if I am back in this area, I will be staying here. It is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was clean, but it smelled like stale cigarette smoke even though this is a non-smoking property. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was great! One particular front desk employee was very friendly and quite helpful, but her name is escaping me (she worked on a Friday night and if a single letter was added to her name it would be a boy's name - UGGH!). Hopefully the hotel will know whom I'm writing about?!? Great woman and exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a long drive from SLC via I-80 thru Wyoming on day two of our road trip across the country. The hotel is located in a business park, easily accessible from the freeway, and is clearly geared towards business travelers.

When we arrived, check-in was fast and the front desk person was friendly. Once we packed are items into the room, my wife noticed some used dental picks underneath one of the chairs in the room. When she went to the front desk to tell the employee about it she was only met with "Eww, that's gross!" but no offer to have someone come clean it up. Otherwise, the room and beds were nice and comfortable.

It was a simple breakfast in the morning but the pancake "machine" was broken and there wasn't an alternative available.

The bill was under the door when we woke up so check-out wasn't necessary.

I have to rate it a three as the dental picks were clearly visible when we entered the room and should have been caught by housekeeping and the front desk should have offered to have someone come in and clean up the mess.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Benjamin M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear ke7dkg,

Thank you very much for leaving feedback of our property. I am glad to know that you had a smooth check in experience. I am sorry that the room's cleanliness level was a disappointment. I have your feedback documented and this shall be addressed with our housekeeping team to ensure similar incidents be avoided in the future.

Despite this, I hope the next time you're in the area we get the chance to host you again and show you our improvements.

Best Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Whitewater, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here on business and was extremely disappointed. Sunday shift frazzled and overwhelmed even though only one other person was at the desk besides me. Two evenings out of three there were giant bags of trash as you got out of the elevator. Room carpet had stains that I kept walking around. Ceiling had a bulge where there once must have been a leak. When I asked for help with the air conditioning the front desk person said she would be leaving to go home but would check it out for me before she left, obviously put out to have to do this before leaving and doing me a huge favor. No problem I won't be back so no more favors needed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank C B M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear C B M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is in south Denver within the Tech Center. It is not far away to highway I-25. Because there are no restaurants or other business around, it is very quiet in the night plus its environment is pretty neat that is why I like to stay.
A separate sitting area in our room helps both of us to get chance comfortably sit down in the same time especially after traveling a long day. The mini refrigerator has a small freezer in it that gives us convenience to freeze small amount of foods. In such hot summer, a little bit frozen food gives travelers a lot of joy.
Except the microwave is too high to reach, otherwise, it is perfect. Nice staff, clean room, and comfortable bed…I would like to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aroundwould
Schriever, Louisiana
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I accompied my husband while he was on a business trip. Clerk was very nice and helpful when I need a shuttle to meet my husband at his work place. Room was very nice and spacious. With a seperate sitting area. The indoor pool was nice and that is where I spent most of my time while husband was working. I was the only one in it. Was bummed though that the hot tub was broken during my stay. They also had a small gym but didn't use it. The free breakfast was a nice touch. Just basic with eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls and pancakes. But def filled you up for most of the day. Just would only choose this for business only and not vacation. There is no view of the gorgeous Rocky Mountains. Just buildings, it is in a busy section but no attractions or eating places in walking distance. I plan on visiting the Denver area again for an actual vacation and want to be closer to the mountains next time.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Tech Center-Centennial
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!