“Most disappointing Marriott”

GreenLeadersBronze level
American abroad
“Most disappointing Marriott”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Until now, choosing a Marriott hotel has always meant a consistent standard of high quality. This one is the exception. We have stayed at many Marriotts both in the U.S. and overseas and this is by far the least impressive of them all. The hotel offers none of the extras that show the management cares about guests and is proud to offer a high standard of hospitality. The breakfast is the most minimal we have every encountered, the carpet in the room is stained and dirty, there are no little touches like cookies in the evening. The Wi-Fi is incredibly unreliable. The hotel staff suggested we "plug in" to get better connectivity, yet advertises "fast, reliable wireless internet." Not. This a long stay hotel, yet guests must re-register for Wi-Fi every day and the computer in the lobby is "very old and needs to be restarted after every user" according to the desk clerk. If they know things are that bad, why not do something about it? Wishing we had picked another hotel and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zawojska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Made a reservation to stay at the hotel. After driving 4 long hours to get there I find out they overbooked the hotel and I'm without a room. It's 9:30 in the evening and they want to send me 40 miles up the road to another property. Are you kidding? According to the manager this is common as the hotel wants to maximize profits. Wow, what about customer service...obviously they don't care. According to the manager this is the policy for all Marriot properties. Good to know as I'm going to steer clear in the future. Too many other hotel chains out there that want to treat me like a person, not just make a profit off me. Hands down the worst hotel experience of my life!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel chain. Marriot is only worried about profits, not you're stay or your well...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank todd f
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks. I can count on one hand how many times we were able to get the wi-fi to work. The rooms smell weird and the toilet is made for an elementary school not a space for grown adults, the shower curtain attacks you while your using the loo!

They have a dishwasher in the room and I asked 5 times (no joke) for the packet of detergent, but I was always told "we're out".

Deborah the breakfast attendant was the best part of the stay. She was so kind and helpful. The staff was friendly enough.

Parking is terrible, unless you're in by 7/8pm its a 50/50 chance you will get a spot.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have been remodeled. If you need to stay there ask for third floor. Or...because t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy E
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Denver many times over the years, with each visit brings new memories. My Dad lost contact with an old friend and roommate from college when his friend graduated in 1963. My Dad was able to find him again (on Facebook) and their friendship took off again. We are in L.A. mu Dad's friend lives in Denver near this particular hotel. We checked in early on Saturday June 1st - originally reserved for a two bedroom suite, however the rooms were occupied by long term guests. The FD clerk was gracious enough to give us TWO connecting rooms, with A King Bed and sofabed in each (only being charged for one room) We accepted it - Rooms 106 and 108 were newly updated and we had no problems. My Dad and Brother pretty much had a room to themselves for most of the three day stay (Checked out Tuesday June 3rd) I only stayed one night and flew back to Los Angeles on Sunday, my only regret was not getting more vacation time. His friend and wife met us and we had a great dinner at a nearby restaurant 'Maggianos Italian' and visited their house in Castle Pines the next day before my leaving town. Loved the staff attending to our needs and made us feel welcome. Five Claws Up!!! Thank You. Joe G Bear

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel a lot for my company and there have been some assignments that require me to stay for more than a week. This was one of those assignments. First of all, the property is beautiful, everyone is so friendly, and I feet right at home. Any time I want my room cleaned more than every four days, I just call the front desk and it's done. I love the special attention they give me. I couldn't ask for better hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am staying here right now and am regretting every single day of it. We are here for an extended period of time and so far have not had a full cleaning. I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned and got fresh towels instead. So, unable to take it any longer, I bought cleaning supplies and am doing it myself. At least that way, I know the surfaces of this room have seen a disinfectant. If wi-fi is important to you, then you'll hate this place. It is sporadic at best and in the evening when everyone is in their room, you can forget about it. Currently we are unable to park in half of the parking lot because they are re-paving it. The lot is FULL every night, so when those poor folks come back tonight, they will be parking a 1/4 mile away on a side street. There probably isn't an optimal time to do a project like that, I just wish it wasn't while I was here. I will say the staff are very friendly but powerless to help what are obviously upper management decisions made in haste. They are also doing minor remodeling around the property and some of the hallways are littered with debris. Perhaps working on an area of the hotel where guests are not staying would be a better way to tackle that project. Oh well what do I know - I am just a paying guest. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Residence Inn. They know how to treat long term guests much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mtngirl37
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I attended some business meetings in the Denver area and reserved a room at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel overbooked and I was bumped to another hotel. Normally this wouldn't have been too much of an issue. However, the hotel that they moved me to was miles away from the original hotel and in the opposite direction of the location of my meeting - even though there are tons of hotels in the DTC area. Why in the world would they send a bumped guest to a hotel so far away? Also, I was travelling with colleagues and we had all reserved rooms in the same hotel so that we could have meet at breakfast to prepare for our regular meetings, carpool, etc. I was only one of our group moved to a different hotel, which was a real hassle. In the end though, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since my colleagues had plenty of trouble with things not working at the Towneplace Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Raul L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Unfortunately, due to a few unexpected stayovers, we were indeed overbooked. Our standard procedure in this event is to arrange for alternate accommodations at a nearby hotel. On this particular occasion we were unable to arrange for these alternate accommodations to be nearer to our property.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to the Denver Tech Center again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Denver was most enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!